Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 06:28:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIndie game Solomon Dark released for free!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie game Solomon Dark released for free!  (Read 8106 times)
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:36:51 AM »

You may or may not know one-man development studio Raptisoft, as his only somewhat better known PC game is the old Hamsterball, and he focused on iOS for several years with games such as Robot Wants Kitty, Hoggy, as well as Solomon's Keep and Solomon's Boneyard. The latter ones are kind of like Diablo mixed with Crimsonland, only focused solely on magic!
Now, Solomon Dark is the sequel to Boneyard and he just released a beta version, which he says is around 3 months away from completion, for free!
Here's an unofficial trailer I put together:

The official download links were hosted for only few hours, but Raptisoft actively encouraged everyone to share the game, so here are a few mirrors on the official forums: http://raptisoft-forums.com/discussion/264/solomon-dark-download-links-and-gameplay-trailer#latest

I got somewhat addicted and as the game got little to no attention anywhere, I'm wondering if that's just me Grin

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 04:59:51 AM »

solomon's keep was one of the best early iOS games. gonna have to try dis.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »

oh shit! this is great news! and i had no idea he was working on hoggy 2, either.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:59:11 AM »

gonna have to try dis.

i did. itis fun but i wish i could play it on mobile
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »

oh shit! this is great news! and i had no idea he was working on hoggy 2, either.
That one was just greenlit few weeks ago:
 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612378956
Currently in crunch time, I think he said something about a release in the next 3 months Smiley
Unfortunately Solomon's Keep isn't greenlit, yet: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=787584431
That one won't be released until next year, but is planned for PC, Android and iOS Smiley

gonna have to try dis.

i did. itis fun but i wish i could play it on mobile
Then vote for Solomon's Keep, it's going to be released on iOS and Android as well as PC and will include much of Solomon Dark Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 11:06:23 AM »

but.. solomon's keep already is on ios.  Huh?

or is this a new version/remake?
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

It's a remake. Have a look at the Greenlight page, there's an early trailer. The game will be in full 3D, feature two new classes (Paladin & Rogue) next to the Mage, a survival mode that will include bigger parts of Solomon Dark, and.. apparently basically everything is being redone. And it's going to be the very first official PC & Android (PC first I think) release of a Solomon game, apart from the Dark beta, of course Smiley

It all sounds really promising, espcially as Raptisoft's design philosophy is to make every class be unique. For example he is absolutely against a "holy bolt" for the Paladin which in reality is just a "blue fireball", so he's trying to only include stuff that's really different from the rest. That kind of design really shows in Solomon Dark.
There's absolutely no ETA, but at least it's clear that he will take all the time he needs to make it really as good as he wants it to be Smiley Greenlighting it can't hurt, though!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »

oh cool. i voted for it.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:36 PM »

Good news! It got the Greenlight Smiley Maybe it was your vote that changed it at all :D
Oh, and I noticed I overlooked the fourth class Solomon's Keep is going to have as there will also be a Necromancer.

Also, John Raptis, the developer, said that when Hoggy is finished he will fix a few little things about Solomon Dark Smiley

ElizabethObrien1958
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:20:06 AM »

This game is dope!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic