Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:35:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOCT(working title)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: MOCT(working title)  (Read 21127 times)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »

Those visuals are fantastic, like how each of the 4 characters has their own unique look. And that tutorial room looks so ominous, nice job on the atmosphere.

Also interested to learn more about each characters unique moves.

acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »

Love the color palette and character/world design.  Any chance you could bang out some nice low-key wallpapers?

Something like:

(Sorry, I have a nonstandard 1920x1200 monitor)

Looking forward to seeing how this develops...

egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 12:53:27 AM »

//Franklin's Ghost// //acatalept// Thank you for support, it really helps me to feel and work better.

I work a lot on character/foe design and levels atmosphere.
For characters I wanted to use usual "4 player" colors and basic "d&d" roles, but give them some street adolescent modern personality. Overall it's youths dreaming to be stronger than in reality to fight their memories and hard life on the street. You can check my previous posts for basic unique moves(combo melee attacks, shield defense, different ranged attacks, heal, wall jump, wall climb, bombs, blocks push and pull). It's just basics where you start the game, you can learn more for each character through the game (including new bullets for ranged attacks and bombs), but I can't talk about it right now.

Here's one of basic foes //addict// I worked lately:

Gameplay and wall jump to climb higher places:

// Any chance you could bang out some nice low-key wallpapers?// Yeah, definitely. I would make some for the next post based on ambient scenes like this:

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:16:45 AM by egor.botov » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 05:36:06 AM »

Dang! That last picture is spectacular. Makes me think of the "Dark Link" room in Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. Great work!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Goldborough
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2017, 01:56:17 AM »

Wow! Just discovered MOCT via twitter. Very cool! Really looking forward to seeing how this develops. 4 players... is such a cool feature.
egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 12:22:18 AM »

//amanfr01// //Goldborough// Thank you so much!

Hi to all! Been some time from the last post. Worked hard on the game, made a lot of under the hood stuff (overall level structure, controller implementation, bug fixes, old things update and polish, some secret art and design, painful unity 5.4 to 5.6 update), so not much stuff to show. Also development slowed down a bit, my friend, whose been helping with code part, now pursuing career in other area and doesn't have enough time to work on the game. Now I can say I'm solo doing all the game Cool

Though it would be great to find someone with C# skills to collaborate on the game (not paid for now). Blink
//PM me if you're interested//

In other news I've decided to make additional functionality things for basic abilities (you should discover for yourself). Here's one of them ("fireball jump"):

Also I started to plan story//menu points, this is sneak peek on some of this stuff:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:20:09 PM by egor.botov » Logged

egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 11:32:59 PM »

Hi one more time! Forgot to mention in previous post, I finally revised health, damage and stats system. Now it's "hearts" zelda like health system where player or foe can restore half to full heart, if not damaged for some time (small tactics depth detail). Also added stamina system, so you should be action wise (now it block needed behaviors, but I think on less or 0 damage for dd actions, if you have not enough stamina). + addict death animation

SimonFelix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:08 AM »

This looks fantastic, I love the gritty, otherworldly atmosphere! Reminds me of the Dark Crystal somehow, can't wait to see more!

Juliano
Level 0

@3dju

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »

You call it WIP but the art looks great! I think you nailed the mood! The TVs on the background seem to work pretty great, them piled up together are like a tiled texture.

I personally like the genre, I miss games like this.  Smiley

cloudgods
Level 0

im j

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2017, 10:48:01 AM »

The visuals of this game are gorgeous!! The palettes are really moody and pleasing.

egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »

//SimonFelix// //Juliano// //cloudgods// Such support is sick! Thank you guys!

//Juliano// Yeah, TVs are important part of gameplay and story. In a few words (don't want to spoil important stuff) each of them represent adolescent's life, soul or shadow (whatever you see fits) in some way, you need them to revive your character + piles of them don't let characters drown(they work as mutual health for all the players). Also they are physics based, you can move, destroy them (some foes would like to blow them up too).

Here's sneak peek, I experimented with some imagery for tv screens lately:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:42:56 AM by egor.botov » Logged

MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »

Kiss Kiss That artwork!

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »

"TV taught me how to feel, now real life has no appeal."
- Marina

Really nice sprites on the TV, yo. I think the downward-branching one doesn't quite fit in, never seen any screens act like that while all the other patterns are somewhat familiar, but if it matches other imagery in the world it would work.

egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »

//MereMonkey// //Kris with a K// Thank you so much! This images are just first pass art, I will change them a lot later, depending on what works better.

Here's a little preview of the boss I'm working on right now.

tinyDino
Level 1

Rawr

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2017, 11:38:30 PM »

Loving the art style man. Idk how I haven't seen this in the devlogs yet.  Beer!
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »

Wow, that latest .GIF is wild! Great work! :O

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 01:06:20 AM »

//tinyDino////amanfr01// Big thanks!

Hello guys! Big boss update is here:

+ I have implemented status system. This is chained status (you should push jump button to free yourself). There are usual stuff like freeze and poison, but I also want to make some original like love, loneliness and fear(more emotional side in action platformer body).

Danton
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2018, 08:00:40 AM »

Just wanted to drop in and say I really like the look of this. The art style has tons of personality and I love how you're playing with scale. All the best with it.

Unto The End - Wishlist on Steam
andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2018, 04:45:37 PM »

This looks really good.  Definitely following.

I'm curious to see what gameplay looks like with 4 players.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »

really digging that boss battle GIF bud, i think designing challenging and unique boss battles that incorporate 4 players will be where the game can really shine. keep workin hard

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic