Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:40:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRex Obscura
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Rex Obscura  (Read 6721 times)
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 08:53:04 AM »

This is a minion based FPS where you dont shoot but summon minions to do your bidding

The link to the game(not updated :/)
https://indominator.itch.io/rex-obscura

ps; imma reedit some game parts of the game and make a game trailer XD

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:05:12 PM by indominator » Logged

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 03:54:10 AM »

You should post some screenshots, so people know what they're getting into.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 10:56:18 AM »

I also agree with having more screenshots than just lots of text.  Text is okay if you make a short comment about something but screenshots can give people an idea about the game much faster. Plus often people just look for images and if the images are interesting then they may read the text.

If your first post:
-logo or overview image: What is the game about?
-sample screenshots that give an idea about what kind of game is it  (you already have those)

Other specific images in later posts could be about:
-concept art
-different enemies, bosses, NPCs
-skills, upgrades, abilities
-environment
-something interesting, funny, unique that people would share (also post it to other social accounts)

Also, it's good to separate different platform demos into separate files (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc) and name each accorgindly - since based on the builds.zip demo file name and the Windows logo I don't know which one it is.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »

i have just made a video talking about my game video is in here

I have resumed the game development since december 2016 and now i deciced to post this.

ps; i also deleted most of my posts here , not that it matters ;p

In here you can see your soldiers that can be invoked, also tehres the selection and  your main unit, also you can clearly see how to see vision ranges for your units

the main UI, it looks okay i guess, i need to rework it and make it more concise.

in here you can see the summoning circles, i like how they look but i need to work on them and how they work
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:26:35 AM by indominator » Logged

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »

Hi, I am back, i am redoing the UI. I am trying to make it way less intrusive and readable. I think i have some iteresingt ideas with the cards and mana bar. But i dont really now what to do for the hand, for that im gonna try and try to find some nice examples of card games that only show properly the card when its mouse over.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »

I have been trying to work my cards, i love those magic the gathering cards. I need to fix the contrast of the colors ot make they less "jump into your eyes"

Look at this beauty, nice, colorful and concise. everything i need to look for. I cant put drawn art like this because i am terrible at it. But i cant still try graphic design
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 04:01:02 PM by indominator » Logged

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »

I am sick, so right now no good post :/

I was gonna narate and all, but voice is horrible.

i am gonna write a little bit now, and more tomorrow with images.

just studied shaders and tried making the fog of wars(it was traumatizing).

And i tried remaking the npcs. But its horrible, so i am going to try my hand on 3d modelling and animation on blender

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »

My first try at blender. tomorrow i will try making it better animation and modeling. i will make a decent cultist minion

sheep herd
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »

i get positive vibes from this
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »

i get positive vibes from this

Thanks XD

the game itself i am aiming for it to be a little dark ambience, with possibly good gameplay. it will be my first game that i am truly trying to finish.

besides all that, new devlog. These videos have made me improve my pronunciation of english(i studied before, but never practiced it before to this extent). also theres lots of weird bugs in the last update(so no new build).

ps; i am still not good at video editing, but am learning some tricks at equalizing audio levels and removing noise, so probs in the next updates it will get even better. i will in the next devlog try to fix how i make videos and import them to youtube.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »

This time I talk about the art for the monsters, i am going to animate, texturize and implement them on the build.

See you guys soon XD

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 07:24:24 AM »

Recently i have been having major problems with animation. so i am going to do one thing lots of lazy people who are better at modelling and texturizing. imma remove animations and make them static just like table top rpg games. and the animations are gonna be solved by simple movements like going a little forward and rotation

something like this. but diferrent. probably not as good as all of these. i am going to make the minions of the game into this new version, then i will make a new devlog and make the enemy versions. then imma make a trailer XD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:02:07 AM by indominator » Logged

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »

It's got cute and creepy potential! I like the floating goat skull god. Smiley

Honestly I like the general dark creepy direction of your game better than the screenshots of other games you posted.
And I think stable unanimated units could be interesting, but the only game I've played like that was Romancing Saga: Unlimited Saga.

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:36 PM »

It's got cute and creepy potential! I like the floating goat skull god. Smiley

Honestly I like the general dark creepy direction of your game better than the screenshots of other games you posted.
And I think stable unanimated units could be interesting, but the only game I've played like that was Romancing Saga: Unlimited Saga.

Thanks for the kind comments XD.

I have been practicing animation recently.

i have been creating a new character based on my recent concepts and and studies.

I am using HEMA videos to learn how to animate basic characters for my game.i also downloaded the Animators Survival Kit and Preston Blair's Cartoon Animation. I will study them and try to remake my character animations. I am also learning how to better model 3d characters through making basic human shape preset and adding clothing as separate objetcs just so that texturing is easier later on, and probably on reworking without starting from 0.

a little taste of whats comming.(lots of pieces of armour that will be selected at random, they all appear now but its because i left them all to animate, it will be easier to understand later on).

I have simplified walk animations and will focus entirely on the attacks and other special animations(with some SFX later on). with this one more update on my work, probably tomorrow i will show this implemented character in the game. but after that i will have to rework everything else in modelling and animation. So much things to do

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »

with better mic settup, and better 3d skills. Texturing will be done way later because i want to focus on delivering a low quality(visually) but playable alpha.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »

I just finished modelling and animating my new character, the hunter. Next Up is implementing and coding, also creating concepts for support units. After that, i think that finally i will be able to launch a new version of the game for feedback.

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »

fuck my life, so many poor production choices that i cant fucking deliver a working build, i fucking hate myself. :/

wasting 2 weeks of my life for crappy models, crappily rigged and animated.

sometimes i feel like abandoning this project and starting a simple platformer game with few assets and few coding. i used to screw up my games with poor planning for the ai code, now its needing lots of assets

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 06:55:08 AM »

I give up on this project for now. i will try coming back later. for now, just please kill me

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 07:01:45 AM »

I have been studying recently lots of codes. I studied from java, went to c, and how i just did some html,css and javascript. Just now i finished a small project. Its basically a merge of cookie clickers and hypertext games. WEll, its not nearly as good or as complete. Now i am going to try mixing some stuff and making a more polished experience. This is going to be inside my trial for reviving Rex Obscura, not that i think it will finish in something. Well, for now, i have completed a part, a skeleton that i am going to mold. Next week i hope i have more stuff to show you, and possibly something for you guys to play

indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »

SO yeah, i have been working again on some of my old games. This is Hieroglycon. A horrible project name, but one of my best works. The art(hands) has been done by a friend of mine some time ago. I plan to remake this lil project of mine, and possibly even actually finish it. My plan is to get this fps and transform it into something playable, than rebuild it into the project that will most fit it. I dunno.
My next steps for this project is to make a basic enemy, just some zombies, and and add a player bullet for you to shoot. thats just about it.

I am thinking of ways to tackle marketing for this project. Maybe i could go back in making videos, maybe even in portuguese. And maybe i could put them into some sort of video series where i could make game commentary. Yeah, maybe. But its gonna have to be in portuguese, my english is hard to understand.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic