Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:38:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral[United States of] America what in heck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: [United States of] America what in heck  (Read 19738 times)
talum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »

>muh white-male boogyman

grow up
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 02:38:07 AM »

So it was already maybe too late to deal with climate change. Now we'll have four years of science deniers in complete control of the world's most powerful country. A country which already had a long tradition of environmental obstructionism. I wonder if this may actually doom civilization for real.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »

Yeah, pretty shocking results today.

Hopefully Trump does enough embarrassing things to quickly tank his public opinion, and the senate and house will jump on the first opportunity to impeach him. The republicans are leading both the house and senate, but they all seem to really despise him.

Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 02:48:32 AM »

I thought the elections was rigged. Does that mean Hillary actually won?

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 03:13:22 AM »

people vote in protest at their shitty life circumstances and the democrats attempts to improve those circumstances was to enact healthcare reform penned by legendary friend of the people Richard Nixon. then when presented with a candidate with organic grass roots support due to a desire to fix real life issues they decided to drone strike his chances to ensure dynastic cronyism succession and now instead of that a retarded game show host is going to be president because a handful of focus group robots overestimated the importance of te musical hamilton

welp to be honest, the US left was really stupid about this too. they attacked bernie because some of the "wrong people" supported him and weakening the closest thing the US is going to get to an actual left wing candidate even further. instead they rooted for a centrist with, let's say, worrying foreign policy ideas, who on top of everything didn't have enthusiastic support from pretty much anyone. the term "bernie bro" should never have caught on the way it did.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:49:47 AM »

>muh white-male boogyman

grow up

you're using 4chan lingo and telling someone else to grow up...
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:34 AM »

hey guys how's it going i've felt like throwing up for the past twelve hours and can't sleep

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 04:18:33 AM »

talum is garbage as usual, unsurprising

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »

people vote in protest at their shitty life circumstances and the democrats attempts to improve those circumstances was to enact healthcare reform penned by legendary friend of the people Richard Nixon. then when presented with a candidate with organic grass roots support due to a desire to fix real life issues they decided to drone strike his chances to ensure dynastic cronyism succession and now instead of that a retarded game show host is going to be president because a handful of focus group robots overestimated the importance of te musical hamilton

welp to be honest, the US left was really stupid about this too. they attacked bernie because some of the "wrong people" supported him and weakening the closest thing the US is going to get to an actual left wing candidate even further. instead they rooted for a centrist with, let's say, worrying foreign policy ideas, who on top of everything didn't have enthusiastic support from pretty much anyone. the term "bernie bro" should never have caught on the way it did.
that's what I'm saying g
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:26:48 AM »

To defend against the rising tide of fascism, we must organize. Find strength and support in others. If we stand together things will feel less hopeless and we'll actually be able to fight back. The political establishment was never on your side, the solution has always been to organize and create (or at least demand) change. Hopefully this will at least make people realize that we can't sit back and hope for the establishment to do the right thing.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 04:37:24 AM »

Fuck this shit, I'm going back to Skyrim. Even despite Ulfric shouting his political adversary to pieces (not all that different from Trump's tactics I guess) somehow the political outcomes of Tamriel still make way more sense than what's going on in America right now.

Plus, the finally got mods going on the PS4 version (to a degree) and Fallout 4 is soon to follow.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:55 AM »

that's what I'm saying g

sorry i havent slept
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 04:52:54 AM »

USA got what USA has been seeding all along.

After all, presidential elections are nothing more that popularity contests.
It's  just a reflection of the culture reigning in the USA.

Whoever has been impressed by the results must have been sleeping for most of the campaign.
He targeted the voters, and Hillary targeted the hip and youngsters who don't vote, with them artists and relevant people for people who don't give two fucks about politics.

He knew who to speak to, the NRA, "real deal americans" and hicks all over the place who believed his words. Hillary was just left with the leftovers of the population. Guess what: young people don't care! They are alienated, blogging about the results of an election they don't participate in, sharing Facebook posts about the absurdity of the campaign, tweeting about the latest bullshit that came on during the campaign.

It serves the USA right. You brought this on upon yourselves. Deal with it. And try to survive.

And there's a lot of better countries out there to live in. Come on over, people. Plenty of room here for you.
In my country, there's no problem about race, color, religion, bodily hair, whatever.

Yeah.
talum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 05:17:37 AM »

HAHAHHAHAhahahahahaha
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 05:21:30 AM »

Except that it's not USA as a concept that will suffer. It's the already oppressed that will come under even more attack. It's the environment, which may actually result in a complete collapse of humanity. It's the risk of nuclear war. It's the rise of fascism all over and the emboldening of racists and sexists and bigots all over the place. It's the increased risk for war all over the place.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 05:29:30 AM »

Still trying to determine if I accidentally injested hallucinogenics because this feels like a dream. I honestly thought this would have been a landslide in hillarys favor.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »

Well.. the next 4 years are going to be.... interesting...  Concerned

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »

Someone posted an article a while back that explained the mindset of Trump voters - a lot of them are people in crumbling towns in middle america that feel disenfranchised because they're watching something close to their very existence wither away. I can sympathize with that angle, but I can't sympathize with the notion that Trump is their hero, or even cares about those people... his agenda certainly won't help them whatsoever, and his platform is so vile that we'll be paying the economic, social, and environmental costs for years to come. But a lot of people voted based solely on a promise written in small print: "'Make America Great Again' - yes, we want that!" without any inspection of the subtleties.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 06:14:04 AM »

I don't get why people take this so seriously to be honest.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 06:15:27 AM »

It's just a prank bro
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic