Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:39:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsClosure
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Closure  (Read 9863 times)
Glaiel-Gamer
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »

UPDATE:

Latest Video:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:59:40 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:16:07 PM »

lol the "glitch" in the video I finally fixed. Apparently I forgot to reset the color transform back to white after rendering the last light, and the only thing that was effected was rendering the level graphic, so it was a lot darker than it should have been.

Man that took WAYYYY too long to find.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »

compatibility test plz: http://www.glaielgames.com/NewClosure.zip
hit game, load test.lvl, jump.lvl, or youtube.lvl, arrows to move space to pick up.

in the resources folder (mac: right click show package contents) there's a file settings.cfg, open it and mess with it if you so choose.

feel free to mess with the editor but its not well documented and it's full of hotkeys (land: mousewheel, click, shift, tab, S, X, Y are hotkeys. enter switches between editors. object: s=startingpos, o=orb, hold space and click to place things. you cant delete stuff yet in this one. esc goes back screens.)

raycaster is nothing yet, arrows to rotate and expand view angle, space to move forward
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:08:35 PM »

damn I'm working light speed on this haha

inverse orbs in, improved the object and level editors, orbs can now start either off or on, got the light fading out/in transitions in too
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »

MOTHS
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/250409/51994_Picture_13.png

MOOOTTTHHHHSSSS!!!!!!!!
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/250409/52422_Picture_12.png
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:34:49 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

Could you summarize what this means? I.e., is this a stand-alone game based on your Flash game of the same name?

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »

it's the real version, the flash one was a prototype
increpare
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 03:39:52 PM »

hmm; i tried it once there; my macbook doesn't have shader support so that might scupper my efforts.  cast.lvl displayed a black level,  dunk.lvl killed my computer [w/ no error messages of note; just got a crazy amount of processor usage + everything became really unresponsive, to the extent that i couldn't kill it (all while the 'select level' screen was still visible)].  neither of these were recommended in your instructions, but, I'm sure you'll understand, I'm not at all inclined to try out the others without some reassurances that the same should not happen with them.
Fuzz
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:59:17 PM »

Will there be any additional art assets, etc. or is the only difference in this more levels and polish?
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

hmm; i tried it once there; my macbook doesn't have shader support so that might scupper my efforts.  cast.lvl displayed a black level,  dunk.lvl killed my computer [w/ no error messages of note; just got a crazy amount of processor usage + everything became really unresponsive, to the extent that i couldn't kill it (all while the 'select level' screen was still visible)].  neither of these were recommended in your instructions, but, I'm sure you'll understand, I'm not at all inclined to try out the others without some reassurances that the same should not happen with them.

all the non-recommended ones were old versions of the file format and I forgot to remove them from the folder before uploading... so it's sending a crap ton of garbage to the gpu when you try to load them
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM »

Will there be any additional art assets, etc. or is the only difference in this more levels and polish?

it's actually being remade from the ground up. Completely new, even some new items to interact with and some new abilities even
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

moths

http://www.closuregame.com/moths.swf
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 02:25:39 PM »

http://www.closuregame.com/Log

(edit: if it doesn't work it's cause I'm fiddling with DNS settings to get it to display the urls properly
this will always work though: www.glaielgames.com/Closure/Log)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:24:26 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
increpare
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 02:33:57 PM »

works fine on the non-borked levels.

one thing i did notice, that...didn't feel bad, but did make me think, was that you can jump when you're falling? (provided you haven't jumped before)
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »

one thing i did notice, that...didn't feel bad, but did make me think, was that you can jump when you're falling? (provided you haven't jumped before)

There's a 30 pixel leeway where you can jump if you haven't fallen 30 pixels yet.

I need to tweak it, but a lot of people complained about having trouble jumping off of the curved edges of light sources so I'm fixing that
mirosurabu
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »

The editor does not work on my laptop with PS2.0 shader support. Whole app freezes after typing the level name.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »

The editor does not work on my laptop with PS2.0 shader support. Whole app freezes after typing the level name.

which level name? try not to conflict with one that's already created, they won't load properly (except test.lvl, jump.lvl, and youtube.lvl), it's also fairly glitchy in this build.

Does the game part work?
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »

Ugliest block of code ever (used in the editor for trying to group groups of pedestals together)

Code:
  if(dragtype == PEDESTAL && selected != NULL && Keyboard.pressed(Key::RCLICK)){
    for(std::list<std::list<Pedestal> >::iterator i = data.pedestals.begin(); i != data.pedestals.end(); ++i){ for(std::list<Pedestal>::iterator j = i->begin(); j != i->end(); ++j){
      if((mouse - j->pos).length() < 30 && &*j != selected){
        Pedestal temp = *j;
        for(std::list<std::list<Pedestal> >::iterator k = data.pedestals.begin(); k != data.pedestals.end(); ++k){ for(std::list<Pedestal>::iterator l = k->begin(); l != k->end(); ++l){
          if(&*l == selected){
            if(&*k == &*i){
              data.pedestals.push_back(std::list<Pedestal>());
              data.pedestals.back().push_back(temp);
              i->erase(j);
            } else {
              //k->push_back(temp);
              for(std::list<Pedestal>::iterator m = i->begin(); m != i->end(); ++m){
                k->push_back(*m);
              }
              data.pedestals.erase(i);
            }
            k = --data.pedestals.end(); break;
          }
        }}
        i = --data.pedestals.end(); break;
      }
    }}
    data.pedestals.remove_if(pedgroupempty);
  }
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:44:08 PM by Glaiel-Gamer » Logged
increpare
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

doesn't look that bad to me (except for personal things like formatting+commenting)

wonder what that says about my code  Roll Eyes
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:50 PM »

doesn't look that bad to me (except for personal things like formatting+commenting)

wonder what that says about my code  Roll Eyes

hahaha

I cleaned it up, realized I didn't need the }}, and macroed the pedestal loop as for_pedestals(i, j, pedestals)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic