Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:35:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)A simple TMX map loader with unity 5 and C#
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A simple TMX map loader with unity 5 and C#  (Read 1269 times)
DiogoRBG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 15, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »

Hi! Gentleman

I like to post things in forums... but it's been a long time since I've put anything anywhere... facebook has fault in this Grin

Today my biggest occupation is developing games in Unity in C#. I have already done several projects and with them I discovered/developed some nice little stuff that make it easier to develop.

Currently my energy has focused on 2D maps. Unity promised some tools to work with tiles, but so far nothing! And while the Unity 2d map editor does not come out I'm having fun and researching how to solve some pixel problems.

One of the features I would really like to leave was the ability to import TMX maps created by Tiled. That is a very nice map editor.

Which is exactly what I share with you... I shared a project in GitHub that shows how to load a TMX map using a few lines of code. I solve everything with native XML serialization.

Project Link: https://github.com/diogorbg/TMX-MapLoader-Unity5

I quit a lot in the optimization part, since each tile becomes a sprite in the scene. But I believe simple is best to exemplify loading, which is the focus of the example.

One cool thing I've done is being able to test the maps in the final application. I make the game load the maps at runtime. (Another thing that gets worse optimization Grin)

Well, that's. I hope it's fun for you as it was for me Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic