Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:45:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFates and Constellations - Line Splitting Puzzle Game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Fates and Constellations - Line Splitting Puzzle Game  (Read 13016 times)
chinykian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:20 AM »

Here we are testing out the very much still-in-development world selection screen.

We've decided upon separating the levels based on the mechanics introduced, as well as the difficulty in general.

pikpiak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 08:48:27 PM »

Hi,

nice game btw, hope to see it in the app store soon :D

Just a suggestion, but maybe it's easier to adopt Toon Blast's style of level progression, rather than a level select mode.
You can have the first 10 levels with base mechanic, 10-20 new mechanic/rule A, 20-30 new mechanic/rule B, 30-40 mech/rule A + B, 40-50 new mech/rule C, etc etc. The important thing is to NOT let player have a choice of choosing levels, and for developers to NOT wreck your head creating 'unique' levels.

Level select mode answers the user story of, as a player I want to replay an old stage that I can recognize, but I'm not sure how many players actually do that these days on mobile to be honest with so many content out there, and if the old flow actually turns players away now, giving them decision fatigue.

Hope it helps.
Snö
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 03:55:44 AM »

Love the game idea and the art style you went for!
Super nice, GOOD WORK!

chinykian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »

Hi,

nice game btw, hope to see it in the app store soon :D

Just a suggestion, but maybe it's easier to adopt Toon Blast's style of level progression, rather than a level select mode.
You can have the first 10 levels with base mechanic, 10-20 new mechanic/rule A, 20-30 new mechanic/rule B, 30-40 mech/rule A + B, 40-50 new mech/rule C, etc etc. The important thing is to NOT let player have a choice of choosing levels, and for developers to NOT wreck your head creating 'unique' levels.

Level select mode answers the user story of, as a player I want to replay an old stage that I can recognize, but I'm not sure how many players actually do that these days on mobile to be honest with so many content out there, and if the old flow actually turns players away now, giving them decision fatigue.

Hope it helps.

Thank you! I've been quite stuck at implementing level progression via a level selection to be honest. Your suggestion helps! =)

Love the game idea and the art style you went for!
Super nice, GOOD WORK!

Thank you! <3

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic