Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:07:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Free] Action packed Boat Battle out now
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Free] Action packed Boat Battle out now  (Read 376 times)
BrendanS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »

Hey everyone,

Boat Battle is a free fast paced action game where the user controls a speed boat running from the police. Dodging mines while collecting weapons, power-ups, and extra gas the player tries to destroy as many police boats as they can.

Google Play

Check out the Trailer!

We are a two man team and are really interested to hear all forms of feed back. Let us know what you think.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:59:09 PM by BrendanS » Logged
Enrik
Level 0

At the mountains the Dark Castle waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:44:37 AM »

Hi. I’m going to tell you a few points you can improve in my opinion:

-   Change the icon of the game. The icon at the Play Store is very important and your game is surrounded by dozens of boat and ship games with fantastic and wonderful icons of beautiful dangerous ships. I think that a more realistic boat from a front perspective with a police boat behind is a good icon and I’m sure you have the skills to make a beautiful icon of that.

-   The button to use the objects is in a very bad position. When best way for me to use the mobile with this kind of gameplay is using both hands (the left image of the picture down here) and in that position, I can only reach comfortably the lower part of the screen. Placing that button in the middle of the lower part of the screen is a better decision in my opinion.

-   The gameplay is fast and chaotic, maybe that’s part of your design but sometimes I just lose in a few seconds and I didn’t have time to know what happen (three mines in a row or a police boat from the front side). Maybe if you make the boat a bit slower or you make the fuel to last longer the games could be longer. Showing a bit more with a zoom out could be a good idea too.

-   The rest of the game is very well done. I think the music is good and fits perfectly. The sound and graphics are very nice and they fit very well together.

I hope that helps you!

EDIT: I almost forgot. Related with the second point. You can give the player more control over the way he turns the boat if you do it in a not analog way. I mean, if the boat turns more to the right the more to the right you touch (not sure if it is working that way now because I didn't notice any difference) in a similar way to a joystick. I don't know if I explained this point very good. Tell me if you don't understand what I mean.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:02:55 AM by Enrik » Logged

BrendanS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »

Thanks for giving it a play and providing feed back. I will try my best to comment on each bullet point you posted.

- For the icon, while I totally agree something like this would be more appealing on the store, I sadly don't think I have the artistic talent necessary. Realistically it might be worth me trying to contact an artist to create something for this.

- We struggled a lot for the button placement and ultimately ended up putting it in the top right based on all the feed back we received. I have to say placement of it was highly contested so you are not in the minority there. Possibly providing a few layout options in the pause menu might not be a bad idea.

- For the most part the fast paced and chaotic game play is what we were going for. The main cause for this is the fully upgraded boats are much stronger ( 5 - 8 hearts ) and are able to turn much faster. There are some slower boats that the player can unlock and upgrade, though you need to play with the default boat long enough to get the score required to unlock them.

- I am glad you enjoyed the sound in the game, We had a friend put together all the sfx for us and I am sure he will be thrilled to hear people enjoyed it.

- In response to the edit. I understand what you are saying, currently we don't have anything in place like this, but it is an interesting idea for sure. We tried to keep the control system pretty simple for the most part. We have gotten some feedback requesting the addition of the virtual thumb stick all as a input alternative.

Hope I covered all the feedback in there. Thanks again for giving it a play, its really great to see the feedback.

P.S. I gave DecKnight a download and will give it a shot later tonight!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic