Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:06:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWould You Listen To This While Working?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Would You Listen To This While Working?  (Read 1120 times)
eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »

Hi!

I've been experimenting for a while with different kinds of music and recently I've taken a liking to ambient and "hazy" music so I made a track last week and I've found that for me it's a pretty good track to listen to while I'm working on gamedev and pixelart, so I've come back to it every now and then since I made it, I like it.

This got me thinking whether I should do like a collection of tracks (an EP or a small album) with ambient "work" music but before I continue I thought I'd share the track I made and garner some feedback and pointers. Do you like it? Would you listen to it while working? is it too long, too short? Would you listen to an EP with similar songs?

Here's the track: https://soundcloud.com/elias-frost/24rev4

Also, if you have some nice similar music that you listen to while working, please share! Maybe there's some cool stuff I can find inspiring that I don't know about yet.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 04:11:26 AM by eliasfrost » Logged

DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:56:21 PM »

I listened to it while I worked (unintentionally) so I guess that answers your first question. It's the perfect length in my opinion. And sure, if you made an EP with similar stuff I'd check it out! I'm always searching for new music so the more the merrier.

grrrrr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 02:48:18 AM »

Yeah, I think it's pretty good.  Smiley
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:53:50 AM »

Speaking as a composer, myself, I would honestly find it a bit distracting in general to listen to music while I work on music. The only exception to this for me is if the music I'm listening to while working is a reference, and even then, I can't listen for too long without forgetting why I'm listening to it in the first place.

This is not to say I dislike your work, however: on the contrary, the piece you linked is a great composition overall. Smiley

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 05:36:10 AM »

PythonBlue: Yeah I rarely listen to other music when I'm composing, it muddles up the sound so it makes sense to avoid it. I'm glad you like the composition. I'm worried it might be too simple though so I'll probably go back later and spice it up because I like the framework. I just don't think I've communicated the core idea as well as I could.

And thank you Grrr and Dusked for your comments!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic