Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 04:57:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 37 [theme: ONE ROOM] (Dec 9-12)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 37 [theme: ONE ROOM] (Dec 9-12)  (Read 17029 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2016, 10:26:10 AM »

As usual I'm overwhelmed by how hard Literary writings actually is.
Yeah, same here. Our little detective story is still badly planned out. We need to take a break from programming and asset creation and just plan a bit more before it's too late, I think.

But yay! Finally have the main mechanics in place after dealing with lots of Unity weirdness. Now maybe we can move on and fill it up with stuff.

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2016, 11:11:51 AM »

Finished up my entry already. Didn't manage to make music in time and could work on a few more things, but I have no more time.
So yeah hope you like Satire.
http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=64215

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »

In case anybody missed it, submissions are going up on the old site after all, so you don't need to register on the new site if you haven't already.

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »

Ok. This is enough for today.

I had originally intended this to be for the compo, but I'll give it one more pass tomorrow and submit it to the jam.

The pacing needs to be polished better, most plot threads (if you can call them that) are currently left dangling, and a throughout spell check is still to be had and.. lawd jezus dat css color scheme! Cry

The game got a lot darker than I thought it would be (in an odd sort of Coen brothers-way). There are some things I want to sleep on before considering this one done.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »

Woah, for some reason I didn't catch that it was web until now even tho the browser is present in all of your screenshots!

Miziziziz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »

Alright! Finished my entry: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=41803

One more gif:

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

If I've understood your idea correctly, it seems really cool! Looking forward to checking it out.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »

I recorded this last night. Bugs are fun! (it was supposed to be a trail of smoke clouds)

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:50 PM »

Well, it's about 03:30 on the night between the second day and the third and my head is throbbing with aches, so I'll have to give up for now. Final rush after some sleep!

Still haven't gotten all that much gameplay in there, but did figure out a storyline and most of the mechanics are in place—just need to fill the room up with stuff, and that requires modelling, and that takes time even tho the style is simple.

Today's final image!

wednesdayscones
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 06:43:41 PM »

finished up a few hours ago: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=124982

went for a ps1 aesthetic i guess

a gif: https://gfycat.com/PlaintiveBareGoat

a screenshot:
ShiftedClock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »

Yay. Smiley

This is first game I've ever finished. Not to make it too personal, but doing this jam helped me work through some personal issues. I hope you'll take a moment to download the game and play around with the toy I made.

Windows download only right now, I'll try to add Linux and OSX soon.

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=124497

Making images and gifs of my game is a huge pain in the butt. Sorry for the large size.

Edit:
finished up a few hours ago: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=124982

went for a ps1 aesthetic i guess

That style is siiiiiick. Seriously, once we go through a wave of VirtuaFighter-style inspired nostalgia, PS1 style is going to make a comeback. Just give it a few years.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:21:26 PM by ProceduralLove » Logged
Tifu
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2016, 07:37:12 PM »

Haha, the last Ludum Dare I participated (solo) in was 'Entire game in one screen'. I thought of just remaking the game I made for that year but in 3D instead of 2D, figured it'd take me more than the allotted time to do the necessary modelling and animation though Tongue

Ended up going with a room-escape game. I'm sure there will be a ton of these Smiley

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=7793

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 04:42:29 AM »

The story is finally as good as it gets (with me as the author). There isn't really much "gameplay" here, more like linear interactive fiction. But I did manage to smuggle in a hidden "moral choice" that I'm quite proud of.
http://superattack.se/games/ld37-one-room/snapshot/

It's very calming that only surface polish (css and spelling) remain now.

I'm linking this shader more every time I see it. Does it work with the web exporter? (Unity has one of those right?)

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »

That's it. I've take this as far as other practical obligations allow me. This was originally intended for the compo, so I'm already way into overtime.

This is probably my strange LD-entry so far. I await player reactions (and metrics) with a mixed sense of curiosity and dread. Who, Me?

(edit: Changed link so it points actually to the entry page, as I probably intended from the beginning)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:52:58 AM by Jordgubben » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2016, 09:43:42 AM »

I'm linking this shader more every time I see it. Does it work with the web exporter? (Unity has one of those right?)
Woah! Made me a bit scared there. But I checked, and yep, it does work! Gomez

Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »

Woaw, a lot of very polished / good looking entries here!

Mine is more simple this time. It's an arcade game titled Blob Catcher

You are in  a (single) room full of blobs, and they have an overwhelming desire to escape. Use your grappling hook cannon to catch as many blobs as possible, and don’t let them escape through the top of the room!

Aim with your mouse and click to shoot.

You’ll have to tie two blobs together to stop them. The first time you shoot, you’ll stick one end of the grappling hook to a blob. Your second shot will grapple another blob. Once two blobs are tied, they’ll be attracted towards each other until they get smashed out!

The farther away the two blobs are, the more points you’ll score!

And, each time you manage to smash additional blobs when the two are attracted towards each other, it’ll double the points you just scored!

Play the game

From a technical standpoint, this time I was away from home and didn’t have access to my gamedev computer. So, I borrowed a laptop and I attempted to make a game using only online-based tools (without installation required). So, I actually created this game with Scratch 2.0, a tool designed to teach kids how to program. I wanted to see if you could make Jam games with it too – I hope you’ll enjoy the result Smiley.

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 07:22:36 PM »

I managed to pull something off this time!
it's pretty good too! but I didnt have time for sound and music Sad

Incinerator Room

just dodge the falling junk as long as possible and try to build a stack to the top!
(I'm pretty bad at the game so I'm not sure if its possible, Should be though)

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »

Phew. All right. So when I was done I went to sleep, tho I tried to get up at a reasonable time again. Didn't touch the computer all day because I badly needed a break, and there isn't much point posting on the LD blog right after deadline when all the posts are flooding in anyway. So I've been doing other stuff today, but I finally went and wrote the post, recorded a new GIF and so on.

LOCK AND RELOAD

blogENTRY/PLAYtweet

Now going back away from the computer. Not touching it more for a little while. Tongue See y'all later!

Siegfried Croes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »

I also participated again this time Smiley Here's the result:

PLAY THE GAME

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »

Some awesome entries this year. Lots of innovative ideas, I think helped by such a broad theme. I wasn't sure about it at first but I'm fairly happy now with my effort:

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=21166

I'm definitely going to check out the games from this thread, some nice-looking work as always. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic