Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:57:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 37 [theme: ONE ROOM] (Dec 9-12)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 37 [theme: ONE ROOM] (Dec 9-12)  (Read 17036 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 06:13:53 AM »

There we go. Played, rated and commented on all the games in this thread that are accessible to me ATM (i.e. Mac or web—might get on a computer with Windows later). Good on everyone for finishing and submitting an entry! \ø/ Don't really feel like expressing any favouritism here, so you'll have to go look at your entries for my opinions. c:

Neowedge
Level 0

Boom!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 06:30:05 AM »

Wooooooooooo!!!!

Here there are a lot of good stuff! Gomez This afternoon I will try and rate some of your games ^^.

I did a top-down shooter for the compo with an "original" OST xD

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=111722

The authentic awesome master piece is the Daniel Linssen game: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=3479

Miguel López
Studio Head & Programmer
Pancake Team
AnaGuillenFdez
Level 0

Artist, interested in design too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2016, 05:25:17 AM »

I skipped this LD, but I am trying some entries and you have posted pretty cool games.
By the way, there are two entries from friends you could try:

Sandpaper: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=65550

Jamception: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=112832

Afterglow 20.51: emotional synchronization on a paper train
@FdezGuillen - @NuggetTeamDev
resty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2016, 07:57:05 AM »

Could try my game here. http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-37/?action=preview&uid=3574
Base idea is to let you travel with your room.

Bad part is give little hint in the game (and it's hard for players to figure out by themselves). So I add some hint part in game description page.

I'm gona to find time to try all your games here ^ ^
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2016, 11:51:25 AM »

Dang, didn't notice the little link under your screenshot there, Jordgubben! Thought you didn't finish after all. Found it just now. Not on computer ATM, so might have to wait until tomorrow until I get to it, but will play (I know it's web, but, just in case something's odd on mobile)!

EDIT: Played, rated and commented!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:47:48 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

Neowedge
Level 0

Boom!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »

I love the "One Room" concept in your game, resty Wink!!!

Miguel López
Studio Head & Programmer
Pancake Team
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2016, 05:32:17 AM »

Dang, didn't notice the little link under your screenshot there, Jordgubben! Thought you didn't finish after all. Found it just now. Not on computer ATM, so might have to wait until tomorrow until I get to it, but will play (I know it's web, but, just in case something's odd on mobile)!

EDIT: Played, rated and commented!

Thanks. I've replied to the question in your comment!

I haven't tested it on a mobile myself but I'm fairly confident that it works miserably bad on a small screen.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »

Bah, was checking to see if I could still judge some games but nope. Ended up with 46% coolness in the end. /: How many games does one need to rate to reach 100%?

Anyway, managed to claim #16 in the top 25 of the "mood" category, so yay!

resty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

How many games does one need to rate to reach 100%?

I got 64% coolness for 41 rotes, so I guess you need 64 rotes for a 100% coolness
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:27 AM »

I remember rating roughly 20 games and that gave me a cooleness of 45%. If the relation between ratings and coolness was linear, then the 100% would be at 45 based on my result.

So there is probably not a linear relation between number of ratings and coolness. It might for instance be the percentile of people who rated as many times as one self. If my coolness is 45%, then 55% of participants rated more games than me.

Can anyone here who got a really high coolness tell us how many games you rated?

(edit: always with the splelling checking yes)

ShuddaHaddaLottaFun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2017, 12:23:11 PM »

So we shoot to try and rate at least 100 games each time.  That for sure gets us a 100% coolness, but i do know that actual number you need is less.  Unfortunately it can be tough to rate that many games while providing proper feedback.  The real work of LD is not the jam, it's the judging afterwards!  Grin

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 01:10:06 AM »

Yeah, I always spend some good time writing like twenty times more than most of the comments, which seem to average just a sentence or two... I don't know if people find that helpful or annoying, but it just comes so naturally to me to do so. q_q

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »

So we shoot to try and rate at least 100 games each time.  That for sure gets us a 100% coolness, but i do know that actual number you need is less.  Unfortunately it can be tough to rate that many games while providing proper feedback.  The real work of LD is not the jam, it's the judging afterwards!  Grin

True that. As someone who is on another operative system, It's also quite frustrating to wade through the all game that only provide windows binaries.

Here's hoping for the new LD site to have proper platform and genre filtering.

Yeah, I always spend some good time writing like twenty times more than most of the comments, which seem to average just a sentence or two... I don't know if people find that helpful or annoying, but it just comes so naturally to me to do so. q_q

There are only two true ways to complement a game. 1) Playing it through to the end and 2) finding it worth talking about. Oh, and 3) buying all the merch.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic