Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:56:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Tutorials2D Level Design Tutorial
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Level Design Tutorial  (Read 2950 times)
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:08:35 AM »

I created a video tutorial which gives an overview of my thought process behind how I design and build 2D levels for newcomers to game design.

The video may provide some useful tips to add to already existing workflows as well.

I will also be updating this thread to further expand on this tutorial.

I hope it helps!

Sandranson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »

Record how often every broad thing happens (for instance, there could be 50 currencies to gather in the level, or the player may need to annihilation 10 swordsmen). These numbers are assessments, and they help you to decide the level's trouble. For instance, there could be two Tough Trolls in level 1, yet four Tough Trolls in level 2. Let everybody in the group add to the list.Distinguish unmistakably amongst negative and positive space when you do the representations. The negative spaces (white in the representations) are the territories where the player can move, and the positive spaces (corner to corner lines in the portrayals) are things like floors, dividers and stages where the player can't move.
visit here
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »

Record how often every broad thing happens (for instance, there could be 50 currencies to gather in the level, or the player may need to annihilation 10 swordsmen). These numbers are assessments, and they help you to decide the level's trouble. For instance, there could be two Tough Trolls in level 1, yet four Tough Trolls in level 2. Let everybody in the group add to the list.Distinguish unmistakably amongst negative and positive space when you do the representations. The negative spaces (white in the representations) are the territories where the player can move, and the positive spaces (corner to corner lines in the portrayals) are things like floors, dividers and stages where the player can't move.
visit here

That's actually a good idea thank you Sandranson.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic