Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:46:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingjohns.game - Alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: johns.game - Alpha  (Read 392 times)
Georges Game
« on: November 25, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »

Hello, this is johns.game, a small RTS set out to do big things. The game involves managing your workforce and (for now) protecting your kingdom from a pesky thief stealing your goods though the real challenge is managing your food and water, you don't want your people to starve. The more Units you have the more food and water that is being used.

Here is what's currently being worked on:
- Instructions Menu;
- Game Art;
- Towns;
- Building;
- Any bug fixes I/you find;

If you find a bug please feel free to post something in the comments whether be screenshots or text. And if you really want you can email me ([email protected]) with a feature you want to see or a bug I should fix! All feedback is important so feel free to comment, I read everything!.

Game instructions:
- Move your view with W,A,S,D;
- Most menu/shop buttons are activated with a mouse;
- Left Click and drag over Unit to select a Unit;

All Links
GameJolt    - http://gamejolt.com/games/johns-game/211731
Twitter     - https://twitter.com/CTOStudios
Discord     - https://discord.gg/N5vEGrA
Steam Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ctostudios
NeithR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:35:31 AM »

Played the game. I like the game especially the upgrage, the survival challege, the sprites, and the music used for the game Wink.

By the way, I got game over often because of the lack of water supply, which can't be picked by any of those 3 units. Tried to purchase a (seems) water farmer (something with mark 3), but was too expensive with less time to gather water to survive.

Also when trying the game first time, took time to figure out what the role of the units. Maybe a Help screen to explain what is the role of each unit (which can also be opened ingame).
Example format: (Pic) (Unit Name) (Role)

Also when trying to purchase something, took time to figure out what was the currency of the game. Perhaps in the future you can add symbol to make it cleared, like <M>aterial and (O)re if you prefer text. Also, if you don't want to worry about the text size of the price, you can display the price on the right of the square of the item when hovered/clicked. You can also add rectangle it too which you can make it more flexible depending of how long the string.

These are the bugs and glitches I found when playing the game:
- Music stacks instead playing from start when going to credit and controls screen.
- Debug and Credit text didn't return to their original size and went off screen.
- Food and Water values reached -1 instead of 0.
- The purchase lines were visible when gameplay just started in a number 1 building. When clicked, it disappeared instead.
- The hexagonal lines were visible if a building got dragged but no purchasing options.

- When loading a game using the load option in Game Over, a Code Error message displayed with:
Code:
of Mouse Event for Left Pressed
for object oLoadGame:

Variable oLoadGame.ambient2(100017, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_oLoadGame_Mouse_4
############################################################################################

That's so far the bug I could find.

Good luck with the game and also looking forward for the next update Smiley.

Currently doing Kelin Kelilin game project.
Pixel and Voxel Art Game Assets
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic