Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:28:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGoing to GDC 2017 - Are the summits/bootcamps worth it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Going to GDC 2017 - Are the summits/bootcamps worth it?  (Read 938 times)
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2016, 11:17:10 PM »

So I'm going to GDC 2017 but I'm caught on whether I should do any of the summits or all-day bootcamps.
The All Access pass which includes them is an extra $600 so if it isn't worth it I won't bother.

There is a two-day Game Design bootcamp, so I can't say it isn't a little bit tempting...

Anyone been to the bootcamps at GDC? Were they valuable? Useless? Better or worse than the main events?

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 06:54:39 AM »

The Independent Games Summit has always been by far the best part of GDC for me. The rest is kind of just filler. I haven't been to any of the other summits or bootcamps, but the IGS is absolutely the main reason I go to the conference.

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »

Seems like a lot of people agree - the tickets to the Indie Games Summit are already sold out!

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »

Bump!

There's only a month to go before the early registration period for GDC ends. So does anyone got any opinions on the GDC summits or bootcamps?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic