Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:33:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTFCQ - A new kind of Card Game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: TFCQ - A new kind of Card Game  (Read 19579 times)
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2017, 02:08:38 AM »

The gif compression makes it look like the teacher in the background is being overrun by small green fluorescent bugs, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Wow now that you mentioned this, it looks kinda nasty.
I'm using Open Broadcast Software (OBS) to record the gameplay and then use http://ezgif.com/ to convert it to GIF. There is so much quality loss, but this was the best payoff i could find. Any suggestions are super welcome!

Kater101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:22 PM »

Hey man, can you explain these rare cards? The Look a bit to OP.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2017, 06:29:59 PM »

Maurice [Tiny Roar]
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2017, 01:30:23 AM »

Hey man, can you explain these rare cards? The Look a bit to OP.

Uhm, look perfectly balanced from my point of view. Too bad they are super rare and can only be found if you swipe ↑↑↓↓←→←→ and type in B and then A in the Start Screen.

But honestly dude, thanks for the super sweet and very first fanart  Tears of Joy

@gimymblert:
So here is an excerpt from my card backlog:

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2017, 07:58:41 AM »

So.. it was you... all along!
I can elaborate on this particular card;

Smerik is a nick name I'm given by my friends; its a combination of "dirty and erik" in dutch, and no no, not that type of dirty, more like, ketchup and dogshit kind of dirty. (sounds even more pervert).

So over the years i developed the amazing super power to unconsciously gather the most random shit on my clothing. literally. An example of this super power in action; We always do a short walk after lunch, and i thought it was a clever idea to safe a banana in my back pocket for when i get back in the office. Pro tip; don't forget about the banana. In the office i slammed my ass on the chair and it immediately felt like i shat my pants. Not cool. I have yet to find a good use for this power.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »

It's just that every time I check this thread I pay a meme tax, so you know I have lurked

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2017, 11:40:10 AM »

It's just that every time I check this thread I pay a meme tax, so you know I have lurked

Hahaha the shooting star ones are so bad but still make me smile Smiley
The other day someone sent me this:

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »

In Troll Face Card Quest your deck consists of 20 cards, but when your deck is empty and you have to draw a card you get damage.
To make this understandable for users this needs to have some visual feedback and we were thinking of doing something along the lines of this SKETCH:

Any suggestions or feedback? Or better ideas on how to represent this like slamming the card holder in the players face?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:23 AM »

Change the card name to "Bad time" and change the card text to "Deck is empty, you lose X HP"

because memes

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:37 AM »

Change the card name to "Bad time" and change the card text to "Deck is empty, you lose X HP"

because memes

Thats actually an awesome idea! And we are looking at it as i type this.

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2017, 05:33:29 AM »

RAGE

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2017, 04:37:34 AM »

Idle

Angry

Sad

Rage

Trolling

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2017, 04:46:59 AM »

what happened to euphoric
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2017, 05:08:03 AM »

what happened to euphoric

How could i have missed that one... its not there -yet-!

I did find a nice placeholder

wizered67
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:03 PM »

Love seeing how this is coming along, definitely the funniest devlog I've seen. The art is great by the way! Following :D
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 02:11:02 AM »

Love seeing how this is coming along, definitely the funniest devlog I've seen. The art is great by the way! Following :D

Awesome to have you here, it has been a bit silent on my end! Not because we are not working on the game, on the contrary; We are hammering it! CRUNCH TIME.

For the wait you guys can have this awesome background:

turnipinrut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2017, 02:54:16 AM »

looking good!
Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:42 AM »

looking good!

Thanks mate!

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2017, 01:07:32 AM »

How to motivate the player to play some matches

We have been thinking hard lately on how to motivate users to actually play matches. The days have changed where just a fun card game works; nowadays you need to motivate players to continue.

Clash Royal has a really great motivation system. They work with collectible crowns.

For the people that have never played Clash Royal, try it out, it's surprisingly fun and addicting.
Clash Royal is like a mini moba with cards and the goal is to destroy the enemies main tower. You can also take down turrets that protect the main tower. For every building destroyed you are rewarded a crown and the max crowns you can get out of a match is 3.

To unlock the Crown Chest you need to collect 10 crowns. The Crown Chest grants you cash and cards. You will need these to progress the game. When you're on a winning streak just need to play 4 matches collecting 3 crowns per match. But usually it takes 5-7 matches. The good thing is, even if you lose, you could have taken down a tower thus collecting a crown.

This system is really clever, because they don't tell you to win, they tell you to collect crowns, giving users an incentive to invest in their decks and to optimize on the arena floor.

I'm not saying we copying this exact system, but this is good food for thought. If you have some ideas feel free to drop em in! And we will let you know what we have come up with. Currently the game has entered official Alpha state so not to long for you guys to give it a spin.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:16:26 AM by Smerik » Logged

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:22 AM »

We had people complain about the idle characters. We listened Smiley. We gave all the idles a little animations. Let me know you favorites!

Personally i love these details, couldn't get enough with pressing sheep in Kingdom Rush.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:08:40 AM by Smerik » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic