Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:28:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVito Jump 'n' Roll for iOS and Android
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vito Jump 'n' Roll for iOS and Android  (Read 338 times)
gangof.one
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:29:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

about 2 months ago I released my first game for iOS and Android. (Well to be honest, I released a Snake clone on Android before but ... that was more for learning purposes)

It's a physics based puzzle platformer where you play a being called Vito who is a fluffy black ball.

App Store | Play Store | Press Kit

Now after 2 months I am planning the next major update and would love to hear what you think of the game in general and what you think should be improved/changed in the next version.

Thanks so much,
greetings from Austria.
Enrik
Level 0

At the mountains the Dark Castle waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:32 AM »

Hey, I played your game for a while and I think it’s funny. The art is very good (it reminds me to World of goo), the music is good and the gameplay is very solid and smooth.

If I have to point any problem I think that some of the deaths are unfair. For example, sometimes when I jump over a snail I die and others don’t. I’m not really sure if there’s any reason for that. In another moment, I jump very close to a border with some spikes below and I died (probably for the spikes but I was pretty sure I didn’t touch them at any moment).

Another thing I find a little frustrating was that sometimes I don’t press the button because they are very small. Maybe just making the buttons bigger (not necessarily the image just the box of the buttons) is a good idea here because when the player is concentrated on the screen the fingers move a little and it’s easy to fail there.

All of this are little things because the game looks pretty good and very polished. I think you made a good work here.

gangof.one
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 07:05:14 AM »

Hi Enrik,

thanks for testing my game.

I've tested what you've said and you're right, I've got to optimise the collision boxes of the enemies, especially of the snails. Good point!

I'll also increase touchable box behind the control buttons, also a very good point.

Thank you very much. I am glad you liked it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic