Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411427 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:30:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHopz
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hopz  (Read 482 times)
Dan335
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »

Check out Hopz.

http://hopz.io

A very simple multiplayer browser game about hopping.

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »

I logged in but no-one was at home  Cry

Then someone appeared from nowhere, hoped over me and game over.  OK - time for revenge, but alas they went away. so lonely  Sad

It's hard doing a responsive mutli-player online game - lag is a big issue and of course players.  I am curious about the game play mechanic but I never really got to experience it.  Playing against the computer is a must if I'm to get a feel of the game.  Unless I'm excited (or even know whats going on), I won't invite friends to play.

PS
Forgot to add, I like the character and the way he/she jumps - but then I'm a bit biased towards deforming circles  Grin

PPS
Just logged in again and there were other players - wooo
OK - looks like fun!  I had one issue - your game turn can end immediately if someone is jumping over you as you spawn.  Definitely have a few seconds spectator only mode when joining to give you a chance to get in position.  Same for when you die (get jumped).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:27:13 PM by AaronB » Logged

rodlaiz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:28:40 AM »

I second what Aaron B said, I was the only one, I felt like Will Smith in I'm a legend
I really like the animation of the character Smiley
BuzzKilldrin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 05:19:30 AM »

Is the input delay intentional or is it server lag? Otherwise the base gameplay seems fun enough, but I wouldn't play it for more than a couple of minutes at a time with the current roster of features.
ldurniat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:09 PM »

I lost twice and I don't know why. Also It is not clear for me what I have to do in game.

vbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 08:25:25 AM »

You probably already know this but just in case: the lag is a huge problem here. The game is relatively fast-paced and with my ~200ms latency it's nearly unplayable. Having servers in different regions would help a lot with this issue.

The core mechanic seems fun. I doubt it's enough to have just this one mechanic to keep players interested for longer than ~5min though. I also didn't like the experience when I reached the right (or left) edge of the level. Maybe you can loop the level on X-axis to make it seem "infinite"?

Tankoids DEVLOG | DEMO
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic