Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:07:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMarshal - WW1 match three-esque base defence
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Marshal - WW1 match three-esque base defence  (Read 651 times)
Chao
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:23:42 PM »

Hi, I've been working on this on and off for a while now, and have decided that it's probably good enough at this point to be worthy of sharing Smiley
If I had to describe it briefly, it's kind of like a match three game combined with a tower defense, except without the towers.

Although there is a tutorial that (hopefully) explains most of the game pretty well, I'll give a brief synopsis of what's going on in the above picture.

On the right side of the screen is the bar, where up to twelve possible recruits await the player. Above each recruit floats an aspect of their personality. Connecting three or more identical aspects will recruit the owners of them, moving them to the training grounds in the center of the screen.

From the training grounds, three different levels of training can be selected for the recruits, each one resulting in different bonuses for the new soldiers when they get to the next area, the meatgrinder battlefield.

From here, the soldiers defend against the hordes of invaders threatening to end your game.

Bonus controls that aren't mentioned in game:
s - Disables sound, probably a good idea since sound effects have only been started for the battlefield, so they seem a bit out of place currently.
t - Shows testing information. If you experience any lag, it would be nice if you posted this in a reply so I can see what's going on and hopefully fix it.

Here's some things to consider if you want to give some feedback.
-Currently the majority of the game takes place in the bar area, as recruiting new men is absolutely necessary. Is this good, or should it be changed.
-Is the difficulty okay for new starters, and does it scale appropriately with skill.
-Is the balance between the different ranks of soldiers right, or does one training level always take priority.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LBv_w6n-kPbWlBdnJ0cWRYSjA

I used the LÖVE engine to create it, here's a link if you want to check it out.
https://love2d.org/

Thanks in advance for playing, and well done if you manage to get above 700 points Smiley
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:59:58 PM by Chao » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »

Hey Gabru,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic