Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:25:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWriting[Paid] Cut-Scene Writing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] Cut-Scene Writing  (Read 1681 times)
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »

I am having issues getting the writing done for cut scenes. I have the plot of the game in my head, but I am having a very hard time writing something that sounds good. There are 6 cut-scenes and 13 endings that need text.

There is a demo of the game available: http://falkenbrew.com

eerr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

You need someone to write your descriptions as well.
A list of robot bits is a terrible terrible advertisement!
People aren't going to buy your video game because of "variety of robot bits"
Moreover, most of the people who say they buy because of "variety of robot bits" would've bought the game anyway.

You need a written out teaser.
You've got text next to pictures, at most a robotic description of a videogame that could still be anything. As well, you don't advertise any sort of humanity for the main character, like a splash or a human head.
https://youtu.be/cByCh6u3VTw?t=5m19s

Everyone gives me the quite sorry excuse "It's about a robot" THAT is a writer speaking, not someone monetarily successful speaking. Do you want to make your videogame popular and successful, or make it a piece of whimpy looser garbage?
They'll come for the man, and stay for the 'robot'

I'm sure you could get a random goof to write a better teaser! Now see, raw descriptions are terrible at selling a videogame. What you want is to touch upon /show the reason people buy videogames, without ever saying it. Make them feel something, and hint at what is to come.

Find someone, and 'sell' your videogame in person. I guarantee that a list of features will be the last thing you mention.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:35:31 PM »

I will write, whatever you want, for money, regardless of artistic integrity.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Kurlansk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:07 AM »

Hello

I would be really interested in helping write cut scenes and copy for the site if you wanted help with that too.

Pm me if you are still looking.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic