Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:07:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFurwind, Adventure Platformer. Avaliable on steam and itch.io!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Furwind, Adventure Platformer. Avaliable on steam and itch.io!  (Read 24125 times)
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 01:51:11 AM »

Hey !!

Greenlight is on, what a surprise !! we are confident about our project but passing Greenlight in 15 days is something we dont expected.

To everyone who voted us or just took a look, thank you very much.  Gentleman

After 25 days of waiting has been greenlit. During this time, we have made a big effort making our game known in social networks and emailing all the sites we have found. It was the first time we did it and the process has made us learn many valuable things.

Although Greenlight is going to disappear soon, we want to share with you some data:

As can be seen in the image, we have obtained 1299 positive votes and a total of 3125 unique visitors. Two out of three people who have entered our Greenlight have participated in the voting and 65 percent of those votes have been positive (improving the average Steam slightly).

Overall we are very happy with our results. Despite not showing everything that the game has, the public has responded very well. In fact, that has been one of our biggest problems when it comes to getting attention. Moved by the uncertainty of Steam Direct, we rushed to launch a game in a state too premature.

As a developer, the marketing side has always been boring and meaningless, but this experience has undoubtedly demonstrated to us that marketing actions are priceless. Every day it becomes clearer that even small studies, need a person (or more) completely dedicated to PR.

From now on, we will resume the development of the game to reach the second goal, even more difficult than the first, to sell our game.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:02:51 AM by jostail » Logged

Josep Monzonis
Level 0

Josep Monzonis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 04:17:17 AM »

Congraulations! I'm sure your game will sell very well. I will buy it!

Micro Pico Racer only has 291 positive votes, it's a hard work to promote a game.

Good luck in steam!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:28:27 AM by Josep Monzonis » Logged

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »

Hi there !

We are working in the final look of the temples and their cinematic. Temples come after a shamanic trip where your will is tested, after succesfully finishing the trial you can adquire a new power.

(Sorry for the artifacts and the trails).

@Josep Monzonis: Thank you ! I hope it does  Cheesy. I took a look at Micro Pico Racer and it gave me some good memories. Yes, having an impact in Greenlight its not easy. Personally i think one of the best ways to gain some visibility/votes its showing material, people loves gifs/videos, its shows that you are progressing. Good luck  Gentleman

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »

Congratulations on being Greenlit!

The leaves falling are in celebration <3

Which, by the way, the latest environment GIF is absolutely breathtaking.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2017, 12:40:55 AM »

Hi !

We are working in a new type of level with his own mechanics. In the caves darkness covers everything, in order to survive you must gather little fireflies to light your way. You will find new traps and enemies in the caves.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:16 AM »

One of my favorite aspects of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Rayman Legends was how most levels had their own mechanics.

Whether or not it's inspired from these games, it's a great addition!!!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 03:49:36 AM »

Hey !

A little sneak peak in the "nightmare" levels. This kind of level is an important part of the game, after obtaining a new power our protagonist must finish this trial imposed by the ancestors.
This levels are coming in a runner style for the gameplay side, with moving walls and other stuff and on the art side we wanted to recreate something like an alternate timeline or dimension with a dreaded greek-like architecture.
The tileset is mostly finished minus little additions, corrections and little touches.

@amanfr01: Dang ! i loved Rayman so much ! yes, its always a pleasant surprise to discover a new thing in a level so we wanted to add this type of levels totally breaking the "normal" gameplay
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 04:03:36 AM by jostail » Logged

s_harriton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »

Congrats on being greenlit from steam!

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 03:33:59 AM »

Hello everyone!

The Boomfire team apologizes for the time it has been without information or activity here in the tigsource forum. Everything has been a small setback that we have already solved.

We wanted to tell everyone that during all this time we have continued to work to make furwind a great game and that they want to continue as before and show you the news that we are in and we have been working.

On the other hand, take advantage of our return to these forums to announce that the Furwind demo is available on the itch.io download platform https://boomfire-games.itch.io/furwind

Ayramen_Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »

Lovely pixel art and gameplay, I really liked the demo! :D

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »

Hello again.

We want to show you the fungus, enemy of the caverns. This enemy give you a surprise to Furwind when you try defeat it.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:21:36 AM by Boomfire Games » Logged

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2017, 03:25:03 AM »

Hello again!

I was exploring the cave and I have been enclosed with this glowing war snail who excretes acid in the soil. Wish me luck  Lips Sealed

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2017, 02:28:13 AM »

Hey!!

The cave background is complete! In the cave everywhere is dangerous and dark. We want to give players a new experience in this type of level

So. Are you prepared to darkness?

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »

You've managed to do "Cave" lighting very well.

The above GIFs remind me of "Yoshi's Island" or even "Rayman Legends." Fantastic work!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2017, 01:50:39 AM »

@amanfr01 Thanks for your kind words. Hearing someone say that our game reminds him of titles like "Rayman Legends" or "Yoshi's Island" is a great pride.

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 03:49:30 AM »

Almost we've finished jungle levels and we have three types of environment; sunny, autumn and storm, but the background is the same in all of them. We are thinking of changing the color of background jungle. What is your opinion?

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »

Hi everyone  Grin

Finally we´ve changed the colors of the backgrounds. We have hope you like it

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 04:39:59 AM »

Hi again!

We bring the background into gameplay, it is really nice for us. What is your opinion?

Al_B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 10:41:16 AM »

Kinda like a 2D Crash Bandicoot, eh? Nice!

CleanShirt21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »

I love the pixel art, and the controls look really solid from the gameplay gifs, which is one of the most important parts in a game like this. If I were to nitpick I'd say the particle flames don't look great, especially covered to the rest of the art. You'd probably be better of drawing a sprite animation for them or use particles with less blending and less colour in general.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic