Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:36:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFurwind, Adventure Platformer. Avaliable on steam and itch.io!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Furwind, Adventure Platformer. Avaliable on steam and itch.io!  (Read 24069 times)
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2018, 10:52:26 AM »

Looks fantastic. Played the demo and enjoyed it.  I'm curious about your reason for choosing 960x576 as the resolution?

We appreciate your kind words! 960x576 is really twice the true resolution, Furwind uses a resolution of 480x288. We use that size in window mode because it is an integer multiple that adapts to most screens and does not cause interpolation.

akoluthic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2018, 11:08:44 AM »

We appreciate your kind words! 960x576 is really twice the true resolution, Furwind uses a resolution of 480x288. We use that size in window mode because it is an integer multiple that adapts to most screens and does not cause interpolation.

That's an interesting choice.  Most people seem to go with a 16:9 ratio these days (1280x720 or maybe 640x360 for lower resolution) since the vast majority of people are playing on that ratio.  I saw the black bars on the side and was curious because you don't see it too often. At any rate, looking forward to seeing where this is going!

Twitter | Soundtrack and trailer composer - worked on:CRAWL, Soviet Jump Game (Game Grumps), PULSAR: Lost Colony, and others. Currently solo developing Chrysalis
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2018, 02:20:09 AM »

That's an interesting choice.  Most people seem to go with a 16:9 ratio these days (1280x720 or maybe 640x360 for lower resolution) since the vast majority of people are playing on that ratio.  I saw the black bars on the side and was curious because you don't see it too often. At any rate, looking forward to seeing where this is going!

You are absolutely right, but some levels are vertical and a 16:9 resolution narrows the vision on the Y axis. We felt it was not fair to the player.

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2018, 03:37:04 PM »

Hi everyone

We want show you the advance of shop in-game.

Korbo´s shop is a place which you can visit in any moment and buy advantages for Furwind.

These advantages are:

-Tough Heart: Improve your health to resist more hits from enemies
-Endurance: Boost your stamina to hit more times
-Seed seeker: Find seeds on defeated enemies
-Shaklu´s gift: Increase the flights you can do
-Eternal wind: Maximize your chances of not spending a charge when you fly
-Koljin´s gift: Regenerate your health
-Healing master: Maximize the probability of a greater healing
-Torgha´s gift: Summon more will-o'-wisps
-Fire dance: Do your magical companion to throw more fireballs

You can see the evolution of the shop in the following gifs

Before

Now

So, What do you think? You opinion is very important for us Smiley

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2018, 02:57:59 PM »

Hey everyone!

We want to show you our last #screeshoysaturday. This is the Dark temple, an entrance to fight against the evil boss, Darhûn.

This is sitill on development but is a closely aproximation

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2018, 01:44:13 AM »

Hey!

We want to show you the new logo of Furwind. We tried to capture the essence of the game in this image.

What do you think? What do you believe that a logo have to represented?

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2018, 08:04:26 AM »

I like the logo, this game gives me hard SNES quality pixel art vibes, the fonts remind me of Secret of Mana/Evermore which were my favorite games of the era so everything about this is pretty fantastic.

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:26 AM »

I like the logo, this game gives me hard SNES quality pixel art vibes, the fonts remind me of Secret of Mana/Evermore which were my favorite games of the era so everything about this is pretty fantastic.

Thanks! Smiley

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2018, 04:13:12 AM »

Hi there!

This is the last miniboss of Furwind. In the beggining him gone to be the first chapter boss but we have decided some changes ingame and the result is use this character on storm level.

WitchHogger is the most dangerous miniboss, we will expected him turned a great challenge for players

Hope you like it!

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2018, 11:02:10 AM »

Hi!

We want ask you a little favor...

Furwind has been chosen for be one weelky winners at The game development World Championschip 2018. Help us to get it! You can vote here: https://thegdwc.com/

Thanks for your support!

Ikkir_
Level 0

Explosions are always cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »

Nice looking miniboss (and, well, everything Tongue ) Though really the first name I thought of when I saw him was: WarlOrc Tongue

Missile Comrade: A missile defense game about MAD commanders and mutually assured destruction.
Devlog
Twitter
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:29 AM »

This looks absolutely fantastic.

Good luck with the competition!

lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2018, 03:33:23 AM »

I really like the logo and especially that the Umlauts are gone, there!

@Michael Klier: Hah, you are the second german who ask the same ! "Fur", because our protagonist is a fox and "wind" well... it just sounds cool all together !  Cheesy. If im not wrong, Fürwind in german is something like Tailwind ?

Grin haha I see. Hmmm, not quite :D, that word in itself doesn't exist or make any sense in German (at least not that I'm aware of). If you'd translate it literally it's "for wind".

My first impression was "charming graphics, but WTF why do they mispronounce Furwind?" Furwind is a great name for a fox. But when you swap U with Ü, two characters that are distinctly differently to native speakers  of e.g. German, it's like writing Furrwind to an American. You know it's supposed to be the combination of Fur and Wind but it's misspelled.

There's a great Wikipedia article about the Heavy Metal Umlaut btw!

Brütal Legend was a fine name because it conveys humor - a tongue in cheek reference to the infamous metal umlauts fits well to a game that's largely a parody on the metal culture. And for some words it's working better then for others. Pronouncing "Brütal" or "Motörhead" doesn't sound too wrong to german ears. It's a little odd but okay. Fürwind however doesn't work like that because both "Für" and "Wind" (as a noun it means the same as in english) are german words that we use in every day life. Germans also tend to combine words into new words all the time: "Autobahnpolizei" as a combination of literally "Autobahn + Polizei" == "Highway Police" so when you hear a combined word you scan for the words that got combined and the meaning becomes apparent. Fürwind however is a combination of two words that make no sense. It's irritating until you realize that this wasn't supposed to be a german name to begin with - it's an english (very beautiful!) name for a fox that for whatever incomprehensible reason got it's U turned into an Ü.

All that said: Noones probably taking offense or anything and the name isn't really more "stupid" than Playerunknown's Battleground, so it probably won't hurt your sales either! ^^
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:55:18 AM by lithander » Logged

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2018, 07:28:58 AM »

Best of luck with the competition! I’ll be rooting for you all!!! You’re doing great work.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »

I really like the logo and especially that the Umlauts are gone, there!

@Michael Klier: Hah, you are the second german who ask the same ! "Fur", because our protagonist is a fox and "wind" well... it just sounds cool all together !  Cheesy. If im not wrong, Fürwind in german is something like Tailwind ?

Grin haha I see. Hmmm, not quite :D, that word in itself doesn't exist or make any sense in German (at least not that I'm aware of). If you'd translate it literally it's "for wind".

My first impression was "charming graphics, but WTF why do they mispronounce Furwind?" Furwind is a great name for a fox. But when you swap U with Ü, two characters that are distinctly differently to native speakers  of e.g. German, it's like writing Furrwind to an American. You know it's supposed to be the combination of Fur and Wind but it's misspelled.

There's a great Wikipedia article about the Heavy Metal Umlaut btw!

Brütal Legend was a fine name because it conveys humor - a tongue in cheek reference to the infamous metal umlauts fits well to a game that's largely a parody on the metal culture. And for some words it's working better then for others. Pronouncing "Brütal" or "Motörhead" doesn't sound too wrong to german ears. It's a little odd but okay. Fürwind however doesn't work like that because both "Für" and "Wind" (as a noun it means the same as in english) are german words that we use in every day life. Germans also tend to combine words into new words all the time: "Autobahnpolizei" as a combination of literally "Autobahn + Polizei" == "Highway Police" so when you hear a combined word you scan for the words that got combined and the meaning becomes apparent. Fürwind however is a combination of two words that make no sense. It's irritating until you realize that this wasn't supposed to be a german name to begin with - it's an english (very beautiful!) name for a fox that for whatever incomprehensible reason got it's U turned into an Ü.

All that said: Noones probably taking offense or anything and the name isn't really more "stupid" than Playerunknown's Battleground, so it probably won't hurt your sales either! ^^

Sorry for delay

But you're right, that was one of the reasons we definitely changed the name and took the two points away from them. Other reasons are for example for the use of SEO, which was more convenient for us.

Thank you for your comments and support!

Nice looking miniboss (and, well, everything Tongue ) Though really the first name I thought of when I saw him was: WarlOrc Tongue

Is Witchogger. The evil pork!

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2018, 07:25:06 AM »

Hello everyone!

We have already shown these images in some sites, but we wanted to make it official like this. We are in the process of developing the bosses in Furwind.

Furwind has to defeat the evil Darhûn, and to do so he must enter his nightmarish world before he can regain all his powers.

We are working hard to create a good balance in the difficulty for the player to live a challenging but at the same time reachable experience and make use of his skills properly.

For now we will only show a preview of the first one but later we will show more gameplays. The images below are not a definitive version and may change in the future. Stay alert to our channels!

DuskedSky
Level 0

Jack of many trades, master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »

Ugh this looks so awesome! Normally I'm not one for platformers but this piques my interest.

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2018, 01:02:24 AM »

Ugh this looks so awesome! Normally I'm not one for platformers but this piques my interest.

We are glad you like our game Smiley

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2018, 02:26:02 AM »

Hey again!

We wanted to do something special to warn the player who was approaching a dangerous place, the use of crows seemed very interesting and this is the result.

What do yout think? Do you prefer it to be noticed or to appear without warning?

Boomfire Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2018, 05:45:48 AM »

Hello again!

We added several visual aspects to the game as we felt that he had little interaction in himself.

It does not make any changes in the gameplay but we believe it will influence more immersion in the player.

I hope you like it and don't forget to give your feedback, which is the our main purpose

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic