Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:59:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Iron Oath [Dark Tactical RPG] - 185% Funded on Kickstarter - 20h left!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Iron Oath [Dark Tactical RPG] - 185% Funded on Kickstarter - 20h left!  (Read 13057 times)
wizered67
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 09:22:13 PM »

Wow, your art is astounding! I'm looking forward to seeing more, following!
Ruugard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »

Here are a couple of a new gifs. Redid some lighting on the first one so it doesn't blow out the colors and the second gif is just some of the new animations that have been implemented.

Right now I've been mainly focusing on a lot of polish items so we can capture a bit of gameplay footage since we want it to look its best. Things like a small animation that plays when combat starts, tweaking lighting, bug fixes, etc. I've had a couple people ask me about how we're handling lighting so I might make a small tutorial on that later as well.

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 01:23:55 PM »

Wow, your art is astounding! I'm looking forward to seeing more, following!

Thanks man, appreciate it Smiley

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »

Quite a few things to update today and we're nearly ready to make our first gameplay teaser. Over the last month I've been working on completing most of the animations for the new enemies so here's a look at what I've done(will post some more in another update later this week).

-Soul Conjurer cast animations, Skeleton spawn & death animations, Archer take damage animation

-Warrior block, attack, take damage animations & Archer attack animation

-Necromancer cast animation

A poster had mentioned on the previous page that I should add some inbetween frames, and I started to experiment with that while working on these animations(minus the Soul Conjurer). It actually didn't take as much time as I thought it would so it's something I'll be doing going forward(and will now have to go back and touch up the older ones!)

I also made a timelapse of the full process for animating the Necromancer's cast animation(missing part of the particle FX process as Aseprite crashed on me a couple times) which you can check out below.

Will be posting another round of gifs in the next few days so stay tuned for that. And if you like what you see, please consider signing up for our newsletter on our website(http://www.theironoath.com).

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »

First Gameplay Video

It's been a long time since we've updated but work has not stopped. Last weekend we released our first gameplay teaser, giving you a taste of what to expect from combat in this game.

Over the last few months, a lot of effort went into polishing up every aspect of the UI which hopefully shows in the video above Smiley

New Tilesets

In the last few weeks I've started on creating some new tiles for different environments.

Cave/Crypt Tile

Monastery Tile

Sewer Tile

I still have a few more to go, and they'll all be featured in our upcoming trailer.

Kickstarter
As mentioned, we're preparing our first official trailer for our upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which we plan to get launched by late July.

Thanks for reading, if you'd like to follow our progress or sign up to our mailing list, you can head over to our website(http://theironoath.com) for all social media links.

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »

Finished another new environment tile and created a scene with it that will be featured in our upcoming trailer

justincavenagh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 02:05:27 PM »

Lovin the new tile sets,, environments looks really moody Smiley

blekdar
Level 3

Decisively Indecisive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »

Well damn those are some pretty pixels.

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »

We're happy to announce that next month on on August 9th we will be launching our Kickstarter campaign. Reaching our goal will allow us to work full time on the game and fund other aspects of development such as music, sound and additional artwork. We'd appreciate your support on that day, and in the meantime we could use your help in getting the word out via our Thunderclap campaign

Lovin the new tile sets,, environments looks really moody Smiley
Well damn those are some pretty pixels.

Thanks guys, appreciate it Smiley

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

Been busy with new environments and have nearly finished implementing them all into the game with props and proper lighting, but I'll show that off in the next update. For now here is a look at the 2 newest scenes I've completed, both of which will be featured in our upcoming trailer Smiley

Ive also uploaded a couple pixelart time lapses of some of my newer work which you can check out here

Quick reminder that our Kickstarter is launching on August 9th! We'd appreciate it if you could lend your support to our current Thunderclap campaign(http://thndr.me/PKVRHC) to help spread the word Smiley Thanks!

Kevin G
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »

There is something about this game that reminds me of Golden Axe Smiley  I can almost see Death Adder and his goons bursting out of that monastery door!

Toast Left
btw, I love the world map. 
sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 06:01:31 PM »

There is something about this game that reminds me of Golden Axe Smiley  I can almost see Death Adder and his goons bursting out of that monastery door!

Toast Left
btw, I love the world map.  

Thanks a lot man Smiley The world map is still pretty rough but we're excited about it too!

--------------------

Only 2 days until our Kickstarter begins(http://thndr.me/PKVRHC). We recently implemented all the new props and environments and I'm here to share some fancy screens Smiley

fireboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »

Incredible art! Congratulations on the job.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 08:03:37 PM »

Just take my money. I'm backing this game, when it launches on Kickstarter. Keep up the great work guys!! I'm looking up to you guys, as a game developer.

Eskema
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »

Instabuy as soon as it appears on steam.... nothing else to say.

Senior developer
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 10:55:52 PM »

The pixel art is top notch, how long does it take you to draw one scenery?
copman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »

Congrats and good luck - this looks just awesome, I love it!
sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot to us Smiley

The pixel art is top notch, how long does it take you to draw one scenery?

Oh man its hard for me to say exactly. Anywhere between 12-20 hours I guess? It really depends on how complex it is and if I need to spend extra time figuring out how to draw something.

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 06:27:31 PM »

Instabuy as soon as it appears on steam.... nothing else to say.
Agreed

sennin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »

We'd greatly appreciate any support we can get. Be sure to share it around too Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic