Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:36:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy first game character accomplished
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first game character accomplished  (Read 891 times)
Dinobit
Level 0

young pixel artist, young game dev

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:04:01 AM »

this is my first game character I've made for my project his name is Professor odd bolts
he is a steam punk sci-fi character he's lives in the galaxy that's all I have on him at the moment if you want to help you can leave a comment and i reply asap

let me know what you think

ps I'm currently looking for pixel art animal character design tutorial's

bye now:) Noir

gornova
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »

hey nice! I like it! I'm not sure about steampunk.. for me is a humanoid crocodile with an hat, no ?

Blog | Last game Number+
rayharry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »

You've taken your first step towards a larger world.

Gamedev, especially at start, is about exploring what you can do and can't. Eventually you'll find something that suits your tastes and you can do right now.

Next up, you could start experimenting with Professor Odd bolts here and start giving him a more "scifi" or "steampunk" feel. Make multiple versions. What does steampunk mean to you? Is it about top hats and dressing fine, or is it about huge cogwheels and industrial machinery?

If the professor does not touch the machines himself, then what do the characters look like that work with the machinery?

Dinobit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »

Thanks for replying  Smiley

thanks for the steps and help tips ill look at them very carefully as this is my dream
with my design's i draw them out as well as I would sketch them out but  with this character I didn't  sketch him i just pixeled him as my first pixel art but the thing is I can't draw him on paper as I would have done with my other character's it drives me insane I try each day but it looks nothing like him for some reason I don't know Shrug Cry

I love the questions you have given me thanks Beer!
as I first read this I saw myself building the game in my head thanks as well it has given me pictures on what my character can look like in the future thanks again  Noir
Dinobit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »

thanks for reply Gornova Wink

I'm glad you like it it's actually a Dinosaur maybe lizard still haven't worked everything out as you can see the hat and the feather in his hat give him character i was thinking of adding a leather jacket but never mind thanks again  Noir
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic