Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:23:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Watchmaker Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Watchmaker Game  (Read 1744 times)
The Watchmaker Game
Level 0

"How long is forever? Sometimes, just one second"

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »

We are on Kickstarter!
The time has come! Our Kickstarter campaign is finally here! Help us finish The Watchmaker here.

Who are we?
Hi there! We are Micropsia Games, a team of chileans indie game developers. We want to show you the development of our biggest project: The Watchmaker, a game for steampunk lovers.
In this blog, we want you to give us feedback, tell us what you think about concept art, mechanics, narrative, and all that kind of stuff.

Please feel free to comment and share if you liked it  Wink

The Game

The Watchmaker it's an innovative third-person game, developed in Unreal Engine 4 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, that mixes puzzle and adventure in a challenging series of levels full of riddles, action and mystery. In the game, you are Alexander, who is trapped in a steampunk world, similar to a large clock gear, where your mission is to repair it...and discover why you are there and who has sabotaged it. But not all is so simple. Alexander has a bigger challenge: The fight against time itself.

Gameplay

The Watchmaker it’s a puzzle adventure game. The player takes the role of Alexander, who must solve the intricate mechanisms that are presented to him with the help of his magnetic glove, with which you can manipulate objects at will.
Alexander suffers from a strange disease that makes him grow old very quickly. The world is like a large clock gear, full of mobile platforms and enemies. Knowing this, the player must travel through clock levels and solving puzzles to discover the mysteries of the clock tower.

Mechanics

Aging Process

During the game, Alexander ages quickly. The player begins the game with 30 years old and dies upon reaching 90 years of age. To recover years of life, the player must reach a recovery machine (save point) or find and use keys. There are 3 age stretches: 30-50 years old, 50-70 years old, and 70-90 years old. The save point brings the player back to the beginning of the age stretch he was at the moment of activation, while using the key item recovers exactly 20 years of age.

There are other mechanics like the stamina syringe, consumable keys, magnetic manipulation and time bombs that aren't here yet, but don't worry, we are going to let you know about them soon!

Look and Feel

The art style of The Watchmaker is steampunk with components of oneiric and surrealist environments. The idea is to provoke the feeling of being trapped within the gears of a giant clock.

Here is some art:

Stay alert if you want to know about characters, narrative and more.

Social Networks

You can follow our daily posts on Facebook and Twitter

And look! We are making a mini serie about the development of our game. Check out our Youtube Channel and tell us what you think  Tongue

----

Screenshots

-------

News

Hello! We've come a long way in developing The Watchmaker and we'll soon announce two great news!
For now, we want to tell you that we are at #GDC17! The attendees have been able to meet Alexander and give us their comments!
Here some pictures:

----

Prefundia

We have project in prefundia! You can check it out here and suscribe to get an early invite to our Kickstarter campaign.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:25:19 AM by The Watchmaker Game » Logged
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 10:47:18 AM »

I want to put a huge emphasis on the art here:

It is excellent! Truly, this looks like Dreamworks or Pixar is making this game with it's art direction and animations alone. The characters remind me of a mix between creators such as Tim Burton or Guillermo del Toro.

Awesome stuff!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
The Watchmaker Game
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »

Hi! Thank you so much Grin! We've been working really hard in the art of the game.
We are going to upload more material, what do you want to see?
Mixer
Level 1

I've never really known what to put here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »

It's already been said, but damn, the art for this game is freaking gorgeous. Everything feels so alive. I'd love to see some of it in motion!

The concept really stands out to, I love the aging mechanic you've got. The whole thing kinda paints this picture of a dark fairy tale. I dunno. Goodluck, I'll be interested to see it grow!

My twitter is @5Mixer.
I'm currently making a dungeon game, check it out :D
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59139.0
The Watchmaker Game
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »

It's already been said, but damn, the art for this game is freaking gorgeous. Everything feels so alive. I'd love to see some of it in motion!

The concept really stands out to, I love the aging mechanic you've got. The whole thing kinda paints this picture of a dark fairy tale. I dunno. Goodluck, I'll be interested to see it grow!

Hey! Thank you so much! Here you can have a look to The Watchmaker

The Watchmaker Game
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:08:42 AM »

Hi there!

We want to notify you that in our twitter account a character called "The Voice" is publishing new art every day. In addition, he talks to Alexander, runs through his tower and meets strange beings.

Take a look here.

*The photo below is a representation of how "The Voice" used to be when he had a physical form
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 03:03:50 AM »

How is development going?!

I loved your trailer, as I might have mentioned in an email. It's a great world you're designing, for sure ^^

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
The Watchmaker Game
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »

How is development going?!

I loved your trailer, as I might have mentioned in an email. It's a great world you're designing, for sure ^^

Thank you!  Grin We are making great progress and we'll have more news soon!
ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »

Sorry your Kickstsarter didn't go through. I hope you haven't given up :D

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic