Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:46:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMonetization strategy for clicker game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monetization strategy for clicker game  (Read 1231 times)
Tronlogics
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2016, 09:12:20 PM »

Hi, We have created a game zero to billionaire.

It is a simple text based clicker game. We have adopted a unique approach for in app purchase along with advertisement for monetizing the game. I would like to know your feedback on in app purchase strategies adopted inside game. Also whether ads are interfering with user experience.You can download the game below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ruh.com.zerotobillion&hl=en

Thanks in Advance
Kiran@Tronlogics
DanHulton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »

This is an area I'm definitely interested in, except I don't have an Android device, so I can't download your app to check it out.  Would you mind putting together a description about how your monetization strategy is set up for those of us who can't download the app?
coder_for_life22
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

I just played. First off, I really like the idea of the game!

As far as monetizing, I think you already have a nice approach. The way you are monetizing now works seamlessly with the game and it does not seem forced.

I liked how when you die, you can either start over or purchase to "revive" or resurrect. Good job here. I also like the ability to watch a video ad for an incentive as well.

And of course the classic, remove ads feature.

I think you already have your monetization strategy in place man. Not sure what else you could that would not totally intrude on the gameplay and possibly annoy users way.

I say for now keep the strategies you have but you need SCALE. As i'm sure you know, in order to make money with it, its what you will need.

I will play more and reply back if I have anything else to add.
NateDog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »

Really like the game flow and concept. I only played a few minutes so I'm not sure how these ideas might impact gameplay, but here are a couple ideas:

1) One-off boosters that positively impact health, energy, happiness. Simple could be a "Nirvana Potion" and when you drink (click) it, it takes all stats back to 100%. Let people use real money to buy batches of Nirvana Potions --- $1 - 3 potions, $3 - 10 potions, etc. Show the booster button/icon on the page with the stats so the user is constantly reminded/tempted that they could with a single click get to 100%.

2) For every item that the player is going to buy (i.e. Skills, Tools, etc.), let them watch a video ad to lower the price by 20%. So have a retail price of $100, but show them the discount rate of $80 if they willing to watch an ad before buying.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic