Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:45:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSockman / Single-screen platformer / GREENLIGHT!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sockman / Single-screen platformer / GREENLIGHT!  (Read 1067 times)
Sockman
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:27:00 AM »

Hi. My name is Chema Cobas, from Spain. I want to introduce you to a project that started as a joke and ended up being a playable game:

Inspired by classics like Rick Dangerous, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Jumpman, Prince of Persia… Sockman is a single-screen platformer with big pixels, as it should be. A hardcore platformer, very difficult, even more than suck your own elbow.

Features
  • Single-screen platformer with classic difficulty style
  • Only three buttons control (Xbox controller support)
  • 3 Worlds with their bosses
  • Over 50 dynamic levels
  • Hidden arcade mini games (with bosses too!)
  • Unjustified stellar appearances of famous people
  • A great adventure with a challenging and addictive difficulty curve
  • The longest journey to find the paired sock!
  • Platforms: Windows PC
  • Language: English / Spanish
  • Release date: 2017-Q1

Trailer

Screenshots

About Sockman
His real name is Domin Dominguez, 64 years old plumber by profession. In the absence of one day to retire, Domin comes home from work with one idea in mind to relax in his place. But instead of fluffy and worked hollow his couch, Domin meets face to face with his destiny: a sock.

Sockman only jumps and moves left and right. Occasionally he talks, but usually never be. He can also dance and die a thousand different ways and heartbreaking. The truth is that no one has seen him dance, but say they probably will not do as well as die 200 times per minute, and with little practice.

Sockman not use weapons or mushrooms, or ocarinas, or bagpipes, or milk. Moreover, he does not like the nickname Sockman . Much less wear undies other people crammed into his head.

About me
Sockman has been in development for more than 4 years. For me it's like a hobby, something I've been doing in my spare time. I'm not a programmer or an artist, but I like to learn. There have been months where I have not been able to work in Sockman. But now I am determined to finish it. In fact, the only remaining section is music and minor details.
I've uploaded Sockman to Steam Greenlight. I would appreciate your vote and any criticism or suggestion. Thank you!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:23:22 AM by Sockman » Logged
Sockman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »

Added an image with the evolution of graphics and the new palette. The resolution of game is 200x200.
Sockman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 03:14:54 AM »

This week I've been working on adjusting the difficulty curve. It is difficult to make an affordable progression in a game that is already difficult from the beginning. Keeping the interest of the player will always be the most important challenge and by far the most complicated. Some advices?
Sockman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:16:50 AM »

A couple of gameplays dying:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic