Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411905 Posts in 69428 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: tpat14

June 09, 2024, 09:18:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMilkmaid of the Milky Way - adventure game (Win/Mac/iOS)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Milkmaid of the Milky Way - adventure game (Win/Mac/iOS)  (Read 403 times)
machineboyCom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2016, 02:25:37 AM »

Hey guys, been stalking for some time but finally found the time to join the gang.

Since early 2015 I've been working on my passion project, a point and click adventure game called Milkmaid of the Milky Way. It's a 90s style adventure game inspired by those awesome experiences I had as a teenager when playing Loom, Monkey Island, Full Throttle and Beneath a Steel Sky. Working nights and weekends, powered by coffee and the tears of my kids I'm finally on the home stretch - and now the game comes to Steam and App Store on January 5th, 2017!  Beer!

The story
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But life is hard and work is tough, and Ruth ponders: Is this really the life I want? It's not easier when mysterious things start happening to you and your cows.
And then a huge, mysterious ship descends from the skies, turning Ruth's life upside-down.

Here's the release trailer I made:

The game is made in Unity with the Adventure Creator and Texture Packer assets. Sprites and animation is done in Aseprite and the backgrounds are painted in Clip Studio Paint. The music was composed in Logic Pro. It's been a huge undertaking for just one person in my spare time (I work full time as a web dev), but also wonderfully fulfilling to see everything come together.

I'll see if I have the time to talk more in depth about the development, in the meantime please ask me any questions you have!
machineboyCom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:31:34 AM »

So, the day has come, Milkmaid of the Milky Way is out on Steam and App Store!  Toast Left

http://store.steampowered.com/app/544970

https://itunes.apple.com/app/milkmaid-of-the-milky-way/id1163483480?mt=8
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic