Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:29:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Closed] Amateur pixel artist looking for possible collaborations
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Closed] Amateur pixel artist looking for possible collaborations  (Read 899 times)
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »

Hey guys, Alexei Shirshov is my name, Shirsh is my nickname and I wanna be pixel artist and animator.

Not much of experience (less than year), not much work done, no arts education.
Some things I tried:

1.For several months I had an idea of making Comix Zone alike action platformer and was making animations for it :

Learning Unity3d at same time wasn't quite productive, little by little I put there goap AI and A* pathfinding for enemies, but it's a huge puzzle for me (even making a title screen is darkest mystery not to mention the ways of teaching Ai to block >_<)

Anyway, it goes as like "4 weeks of making animations per 1-2 days of trial and error code" (for several months). And there also level design needed and music, and... It's better to be a side hobby project.

2. At same time I made some animations for a friend's an anti-mario IWannaBeTheBoshy-like game:

and one unfinished boss (I'll finish it, I promise, really)

3. Before that I tried some smaller things, like this Gungeon-alike guy, mockup of an detective, and Invisible inc (which is my favorite game) fan art trying James T. style.

So, well, umm, I'm not very good in English. Do not use skype ever. I live at south of Western Siberia (sure it's very important for you to know).
Prefer sci-fi theme, like Fallout 1 and 2, like to listen Mindless Self Indulgence, Those Poor Bastards, Cobra Killer and Oingo Boingo.

If you are making a game, especially something sci-fi-ish or with pirates, or whatever but bizarre and think that any characters kinda I drew/animate would fit in it, tell me. You can contact me here, or via Discord: Shirsh#0266
Cheers Gentleman
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:24:03 AM by Shirsh » Logged

morri896
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:16:19 PM »

I haven't done much myself either due mostly to being a pure programmer and not being into art or design, but I am looking to try to find some artists etc. to collaborate with for some projects. However I'm in some very intensive training for my career and would only have a few hours a week to work on anything. I'm just a hobbyist and am not looking to do anything for profit, at least not any time soon. I'm mostly a C++/SDL programmer, however I have messed around with Unity3d in the past and felt pretty comfortable with it. I'm pretty open as far as genre is concerned.
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »

So, do you have a game on your mind that you want to make reality? If so, what is it about?
I'm more like supporting character now, not a leading one, got frustrated by inefficiency of myself as one-man-band. Currently have no strong idea to fight for, so I looking to possibly assist someone who have one (yet quite picky chooser. sorry).

morri896
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »

I was considering a legend of zelda oracle series type game. Mostly because I feel that would be appropriate for my skill level and would not be so large that it would be impossible to complete with my limited amount of time available to work on it. I however don't have anything in particular in mind and am not much for the creative side of things.
Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »

If you'd ask me I'd say "I think you should start to making it with free and placeholder assets first, and when there'll be playable prototype to think, is it cool and fun and do you want to make it a thing or not. And if yes, then looking for artists and sounds etc"

kraed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 09:48:54 AM »

Hey, Shirsh! Awesome art, my friend, keep up the practice and progress. Will be making even more sick pixels in no time.

I'm also a hobbyist developer/artist and college musician. Really love scifi, cyberpunk and Fallout like themes (jazz musician, really into the series' soundtrack). Would love to help out if there is still some space.

I'm a bit handy with Construct 2 (really great engine for 2d). Also do a bit of 3D and 2D art.

Some stuff i've done in the past years, both programming and art by myself

Videogame Music Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/essencescape-soundworks/sets/graveyard-goldmine

I'm ok with an appropriate concept that can be managed easily, big fan of Zelda games. Cheers and happy holidays!

Shirsh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 06:35:35 AM »

Hey guys, virtually closing thread for now, because making mockups for a game, if it wouldn't work (or will be done, or I'll have a lot of time to making things) I'll update it again.
Happy holidays everyone Gentleman

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic