Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:34:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLa Mulana - Hint Requestd (SPOILERS)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: La Mulana - Hint Requestd (SPOILERS)  (Read 1189 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

I'd like a small hint without reading the walkthrough.
In the masoleum of the giants, 2 rooms to the right of the big elevator shaft. That big giant fell down, making a path and making a switch appear in the above room. But a bat killed me when I went up the ladder...

So I'm trying to recreate it and it's not falling. I don't know what I did. My question is - does the giant falling relate to the Nebra Sky Disk?

I figured out how to make the spikes raise up ( and get the health power up one room to the left) by accident. But I didn't do those actions when the statue fall so.. why does the statue fall? I don't want to look up the walkthrough I'd just like a hint to know if the Nebra Disk is causing it or something else. Thank you!

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 11:14:02 PM »

Yep, it's all the sky disk. There are three tablets around the Mausoleum that'll straight up tell you which symbol triggers what Giant but I forget the exact location (sorry, it's been a while). When you're cycling through the symbols you'll want whatever one to be at the top, just in case you weren't 100% on that.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:44 AM »

Yep, it's all the sky disk. There are three tablets around the Mausoleum that'll straight up tell you which symbol triggers what Giant but I forget the exact location (sorry, it's been a while). When you're cycling through the symbols you'll want whatever one to be at the top, just in case you weren't 100% on that.

Thank you! I was going to retry all the combinations again. I thought I re-jumped on the platform the same amount of times but apparently not.

Oh, multiple giants.. of course...

This game is damn clever. Now I feel silly & impressed.  Toast Left !

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »

It was greatly simplified from the original game (the one that looked like an MSX throwback), in that one you had a switch for each symbol and jumping on one would change the others by different amounts which is a puzzle that's been used many times before but it's still maddening whenever it crops up. A lot of the puzzles were simplified but it still feels like you have to put in the same amount of work figuring everything out. It hasn't been dumbed down at all and I think that's really impressive.
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 07:14:04 PM »

It was greatly simplified from the original game (the one that looked like an MSX throwback), in that one you had a switch for each symbol and jumping on one would change the others by different amounts which is a puzzle that's been used many times before but it's still maddening whenever it crops up. A lot of the puzzles were simplified but it still feels like you have to put in the same amount of work figuring everything out. It hasn't been dumbed down at all and I think that's really impressive.

Oh, I had no idea, thanks for the info!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic