Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:24:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessKickstarter and alternatives for crowdfunding your game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kickstarter and alternatives for crowdfunding your game  (Read 869 times)
kalyrical
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »

If you're an indie dev looking to crowdfund in the future, it's good to consider what's options you have. I took a look at several platforms that are currently out in this article. Hopefully, it'll help you find a crowdfunding option that fits your game best!

If you've used any other platforms, please feel free to share your experience Smiley

https://www.manamark.com/blog/2016/12/28/kickstarter-and-alternatives-to-video-game-crowdfunding/

VampireSquid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »

Fig looks awesome but the game volume is very low.  I take it they are just very selective?
Mahn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:45:14 PM »

I think this is one of those cases where more isn't better; I would honestly focus my efforts on Kickstarter only if I had to choose, that's where the people are and that's what the press knows, and it's already hard enough to get the word out for one crowdfunding campaign.

Patreon is cool though, since technically they have a different model where you offer an on-going support (i.e. a subscription of sorts) for an on-going service. So if you have, say, an online multiplayer game, Patreon could be a way to let people support the service of running the multiplayer game for the dev.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic