Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:55:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralArtist friend in need of pick-me-up (And maybe available for work!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist friend in need of pick-me-up (And maybe available for work!)  (Read 650 times)
Woodledude
Level 0

What does this text field do?

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »

Hello, everyone! I'm posting here because I have a friend who does some amazing art, but has found very little love in the art communities they usually partake in. I know there are a lot of people here that would love art like theirs in their games, but I can't speak for whether or not the artist would actually be interested in working for anyone in particular.

That being said, I'd like to post some of their art here, and see if there's any interest. If you like the art, or if you'd like to speak to the artist about paid or hobby work, I'd be happy to pass that message onto them, and hopefully it would at least cheer them up a bit. You may even get their art in your game! Smiley

If you're curious about consistency or work ethic, I know they've worked on a really neat comic that hasn't been published yet, and they've done commissions for many people. They have also, in the past, gone to such lengths to produce a lot of art for an event that they actually injured their wrist.

Without further ado, this is the portfolio they game me:

The way I uploaded these some of them are a little lower detail than they ought to be, so if one catches your eye that you'd like to see in more detail, let me know and I'll reupload it Smiley

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
_glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 11:40:38 PM »

Maybe you should move this to Portfolios or Collaborations
Woodledude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:05:12 PM »

Maybe you should move this to Portfolios or Collaborations

How would I do that? Just copy and paste it over there? I don't necessarily want to put it in collaborations, but Portfolios sounds like a good idea.

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
_glitch
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »

Ask a moderator to do it; or yeah, simply copy/paste it Smiley
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 02:11:35 PM »

Your friend has some REALLY G R E AT     art. i like their use of people of color especially. it is a good time, tell your friend they got a Fan in The Armorman.  Hand Pencil

What art communities does your friend post in, and why are they wrong

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Woodledude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

Alright, moved to Portfolios! Thank you, The Armorman, for speaking up Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic