Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:37:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Boxhead's Pixelart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boxhead's Pixelart  (Read 1763 times)
BoxheadPixelArt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:55:37 PM »

Hi There my name is Boxhead and this is my Pixel art. I've been doing pixel art for about a year now and Solo Deving games for almost 5 months. Here I will be posting my Artwork and DevGifs starting with my work from 2016. Please feel free to comment and critic my artwork. All kinds of feedback is both accepted and appreciated. If you REALLY like my work and wish to higher me for a Commission or for any Freelance Work please send me an email at [email protected]

https://voxeldesigns.net/storm-hughes-2016/ That is my full 2016 Portfolio

Not the artiest Pixels or the Gameiest Dev.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:18 AM »

if your intention is to sell your work (commission) you should probably hide your source a bit more as it obviously looks like you traced over existing sprites and modifing some details.
I recognize without further research  megaman(rockman) and Horror (Nuclear throne).

BoxheadPixelArt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »

I admit that the "Horror" inspired sprite was a bit too influenced and I should have been more creative with that one. But the resemblance to Mega-man is simply out of love for X and his artstyle. I studied certain aspects of the sprites and used things I liked. The big forearms and shins as well as large hands are useful for making the beat-em-up fighter I was working on at the time. And other than the Run, which does look similar, I have never seen X do any of the things I've animated my character to do. I do know that I its frowned upon for someone to spot your influences but when it comes to K and his robot counterpart, I stand by my hard work. But thank you for taking the time to stop by my thread. These are all works from mid 2016 and I hope this year to push my artwork further.

Not the artiest Pixels or the Gameiest Dev.
Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 09:59:07 PM »

Lol, I saw Horror and instantly recognized him. You literally just traced over the original animation.

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 08:07:18 AM »

Nice work, you have very fluid animations

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic