Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:44:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDCR: Drive.Crash.Repeat - Hardest Car Game! Feedback Please (10x Keys)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DCR: Drive.Crash.Repeat - Hardest Car Game! Feedback Please (10x Keys)  (Read 838 times)
AGS-GD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »

Hi,

We are the developers for a really difficult game and we seek courageous gamers to test it out, before releasing it on Steam (PC/Mac).

DCR: Drive.Crash.Repeat, is a top-down driving/drifting 8-bit journey through 45 hand-crafted levels built in 3 distinctive worlds (each with different contraptions and mechanics), objective is simple, reach the end-zone, rules are simple too, there are no brakes! Anything you crash into will cause you to repeat, hence the name, Drive.Crash.Repeat!

DCR is extremely fun! It perfectly implements the concept of gradual progression! It has this just-one-more-time feeling, which actually works! The game was Greenlit on Steam Greenlight in 8 days, reaching the top 10 games! Players will play an average of 20-100 times per level to learn and beat it!

But that's not all, the game has the following features:

• Retro 8-bit pixel art game!
  • 3 stars timing system (which adds a huge re-playability and competitiveness value)
  • Levels has multiple ways to beat making them even more fun and less linear!
  • Levels are so rich in content that we added hidden objects, which require puzzle solving skills to find, giving the player another mode of playing, and doubles the re-playability value of the game.
  • There are 3 bonus levels only playable by those who earned that privilege (by collecting objects and getting stars)
  • Each of the 45 levels has a leaderboard for which players will compete to achieve best time.
  • It has an intuitive hint system
  • The learning curve is amazing that a skillful player can actually beat the whole 15 levels in less than 7 tries (I personally did it). This curve is a huge edge in this game.

Game is fully localized to the following languages:

1. English
2. German
3. Spanish
4. French
5. Russian
6. Turkish
7. Simplified Chinese
8. Brazilian-Portuguese

The game is finalized (but additions/changes/tweaks are welcome), we have a Steam version ready (not released) for PC/Mac testing, and we would be more than happy to get your thoughts on it.

Here is the Press Kit for DCR:

http://tarbooshgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=DCR_drive_crash_repeat

And here is our Greelight page (game changed a bit after it was greenlit):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714856182

We really hope that you get to play test the game and give us your feedback.

Here are 10 beta-testing keys:

#01: CMKKA-E3FAC-LNLKK
#02: 0LKRJ-HETLB-9J7EZ
#03: B9BWR-MLWAB-PKX94
#04: ZBMFH-YV5VQ-ZBFB5
#05: NLRMN-54FHG-35KCF
#06: FGAXM-RD8KA-MXQXN
#07: 05TMH-I2A88-WDYCG
#08: 5GZYF-Y4MTP-QZB0N
#09: CXXFJ-T5FTT-3WB3X
#10: DLPDE-QCN8P-VWP2D

Note: When claiming a key please make sure to make that clear so others can use the remaining ones.

Beta testers, please note:

• The objective is to get to the end zone
  • You can try to look for the hidden objects, 3 in each level
  • Pressing R key can be used to quickly repeat the session
  • I get the most fun when trying to beat my own time or others'

Cheers!

twitter: https://twitter.com/gamedev_dad
twitter: https://twitter.com/tarbooshgames

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:10:20 AM by AGS-GD » Logged

Gamer, developer, founder of indie game studio @TarbooshGames, video games designer, proud dad! #indiedev #gamedev
Qunop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »

Just taken code #01, I will feedback later Smiley
Qunop
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »

I think the game is very nice, feels polished and complete, no game-breaking bugs stopping me from playing. You really have done the difficulty pretty well in this game. As I said above, no bugs I have seen and I think it is perfect as it is! But you could possibly add new levels maybe every month or so to keep players playing, or release DLC (Not very good option) Either way entertained me for a bit of time and I hope to complete it in my free time! Keep it up!

-Qunop.
AGS-GD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 04:33:29 AM »

Wow! That's more than awesome! Thanks a lot for your feedback. Adding more levels is always an option, specially if many people finished the initial 45 levels.

Thanks Qunop! For fun, you can trying locating the 3 hidden objects in each level, or to beat the three stars time.

I think the game is very nice, feels polished and complete, no game-breaking bugs stopping me from playing. You really have done the difficulty pretty well in this game. As I said above, no bugs I have seen and I think it is perfect as it is! But you could possibly add new levels maybe every month or so to keep players playing, or release DLC (Not very good option) Either way entertained me for a bit of time and I hope to complete it in my free time! Keep it up!

-Qunop.

Gamer, developer, founder of indie game studio @TarbooshGames, video games designer, proud dad! #indiedev #gamedev
AGS-GD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »

Thanks for the shout out from the great people of Alpha Beta Gamer! We have hundreds of beta testing requests now!  Smiley

Alpha Beta Gamer - Drive.Crash.Repeat Beta Testing Shoutout and Preview: https://t.co/NymQ8MjakZ

larryfy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 03:31:54 PM »

looks cool, but what if you added some people walking around? maybe fog in some area? Or night level, less view range? Different feel for when there is water on the ground?
AGS-GD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 10:13:50 PM »

looks cool, but what if you added some people walking around? maybe fog in some area? Or night level, less view range? Different feel for when there is water on the ground?

Thanks larryfy! These are some great ideas:

1. Adding people (totally agreed, we tried to compensate that with adding cars, gears, trains in the different worlds, World C specifically has a lot going on, but nevertheless we will explore adding people as well)
2. Fog in some area (that's neat! We've explored adding low flying clouds (which would look like fog) and I honestly don't remember why we didn't add that, will dig it up again).
3. Night level; there is a cycle of day and night in World A, and it looks cool.
4. Water; adding water, small puddles of water around (maybe oil as well) can be a nice addition! Maybe in a new world (World D) where the mechanic would be water (slows you down) and oil (makes you slip towards your direction). That's a great idea, will surely explore.

We've made a form to capture beta testers feedback, feel free to fill it up Smiley

Feedback form link: http://bit.ly/dcr_feedback

Thanks again and I hope you enjoyed testing the game.

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic