Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 11:03:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBarbearian - Fast-paced hack'n'slash action in a colorful hand-drawn world
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Author Topic: Barbearian - Fast-paced hack'n'slash action in a colorful hand-drawn world  (Read 45610 times)
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2018, 11:51:34 AM »

That's about it. Nervously waiting for launch, two and a half weeks to go. Pretty interesting to see if anyone will like the thing.

Great to hear it's about ready, looking forward to it! Good luck Smiley

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

Great to hear it's about ready, looking forward to it! Good luck Smiley

Thanks! Eagerly following your project too. Smiley

Log Entry #83

I added the mercenary shops, it was pretty easy but testing the whole game again and again and rejigging the balance again was a bit of a pain. But it's done now. The effect on game quality is probably +-0.001%, but I like it. Smiley It brings a tiny bit of more depth to the shopping again. It's one part of the game I'm not really satisfied it, but then again, I've never made anything I've been completely satisfied with anyway.

Other than that, I've pretty much just been sending e-mails and trying to get anyones attention so that they might write a review or whatever, but it's been (unsurprisingly) very difficult. I don't think I've had a single response from the PC game press... iOS people have been much more receptive however.

Next week I guess I'm just going to keep trying to get some attention for the game and possibly maybe work on a few extra features (like iOS testers have wanted a floating stick movement control and iCloud saves). I do have one picture left I would really like to draw for the game, but that's not 100% required so I'm taking no pressure from it. But anyway, "production work" has pretty much been wound down currently and I'm just waiting very nervously for the release day.

Also, changed the thread icon to "Done" as it's pretty much done. At least closer to done than to 90%. Smiley

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2018, 01:53:17 AM »

Log Entry #84

I haven't really touched the game at all this week. I've been just trying to find more people to look at the game and raise some attention. Exhausting, takes a lot of time. I hope there's at least one or two reviews on release day, haven't gotten that many replies so I have no idea. We'll see. Really nervous about the reception.

And so. Next week is launch week! Wednesday. I might still do some small updates to the game, but I've pretty much called it DONE!

Not much to write about anymore, I might do a post mortem or something if someone is interested, but I think I might not bother with regular Friday updates anymore as this isn't getting many views anymore anyway. Thanks for reading everyone!

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »

Wish you all the best! And thanks for explaining so much.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2018, 08:14:33 PM »

Wish you all the best! And thanks for explaining so much.

Thanks Schrompf! Gentleman

And it's OUT NOW! Shocked

https://store.steampowered.com/app/813450/Barbearian/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/barbearian/id1351822099?ls=1&mt=8

It really is! Wow.

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »

Congrats on the release! Hope the best for your and your game!!  Grin

Zuurix
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »

Saw your post on Imgur and I am here just to bump it up so more TIG people would see it =]
borinouch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »

Congratulations on the release!

Didn't realize the game had been released until I heard it recommended on one of the podcasts I listen to. Thanks for all the info on it! Maybe someday we can get the source as well :D
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2018, 11:16:20 AM »

This looks so !@#$ing good. Congrats on the release! Smiley

gimblll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2018, 11:56:53 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Not much to update, I've been taking a bit of time off. Sales have not been terribly good but I've gotten good reviews on iOS (Metacritic 89, #6 of all 2018 games) and got some featuring on the App Store, but on PC front seems no-one cares. Only got one review and pretty much silence everywhere. A bit bummed out about that, but oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic