Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:50:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Final Mission-Free Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Final Mission-Free Demo  (Read 738 times)
larryfy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »

The Final Mission is a space shooter, at heart.

However, with rich, beautifully styled art and a story woven throughout battles and upgrading, it sets itself above last generation’s Galaga.

You play as the captain of an eclectic and varied crew, all of whom have their own stories to discover and share.

When aliens begin attacking your home, far away and cut off from Planet Earth, your ship is tasked with locating and recovering the only people who could possible find a way back to Earth, humanity’s only home of survival.

w,a,s,d for up, down, left, right
left mouse to fire weapon
right mouse for shield
1,2,3,4 for skills

No No NO Made by: Mountain Top Studio.  No No NO

Get more information on: https://finalmissiongame.com

Please let me know what you guys think about this game.

Thank you so much Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman Gentleman

Game download at: https://finalmissiongame.com/demo/ Well, hello there! Well, hello there!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:57:23 AM by larryfy » Logged
larryfy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »

Thanks for everyone who downloaded the game. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Please let me know what you guys think about the game. Tongue Tongue

Many Thanks

PS. also shameless self bump  Addicted Addicted
larryfy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:21:27 PM »

We have just uploaded the V0.7.2 version of the game. It included lots of new stuff. Please try it out.

Thsnks
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »

Movement: I can kinda appreciate how you're driving some sort of space car (can't turn in place), but even a car normally has some amount of inertia and such, turning radius that increases when moving faster, can't stop on a dime, that sort of thing. Bumping into walls is also pretty strange, you take damage from a wall a significant distance before you touch it?

Visuals: It looks pretty, but the lack of UI leads to several problems: with the amount of HP you have, the few graphical state changes aren't enough to tell how much damage things are dealing to you. Some attacks could be dealing five times as much damage as others, and it would take a long time to find out. The camera is also a bit too zoomed in, making it difficult to think more than a few seconds ahead, or to figure out where you're going. No icons for skills means I'm not even sure whether I start with four or just one. The fact that the turrets have to turn towards your target is cool, but the turrets are hard to see so it often just feels random whether the shots will go where you want them to or not. Relatedly, the laser has a really long cooldown or something (and it simply doesn't fire when there are no enemies?), and I'd want to know when the cooldown is ready so I can time my shots.

I might have picked up some upgrades, but I'm not sure?

Enemies: When enemies aren't popping up from the edge, it seems like I can just circle-strafe to victory. Perhaps make more of them try to flank me or cut me off? Then there are those laser beam enemies, which appear to be able to lock on and turn fast enough to hit me no matter what I do, but sometimes choose not to do that, inexplicably.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic