Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:33:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDead Cells - Roguevania Action Platformer [2D Pixelart]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Dead Cells - Roguevania Action Platformer [2D Pixelart]  (Read 47748 times)
Stormalong
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 06:45:27 AM »

Congrats on your success! Very sweet look you guys have. Is your homebrew FBX Cruncher GUI something you think you may share at some point?

-Cheers
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2017, 11:56:25 AM »

I have been hooked as hell on this game over the past week. It's really well done. I am super looking forward to the full release, whenever that is!
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2017, 01:28:59 AM »

been playing this for a week now, i like the crunchyness, reminds me of good castlevania games where i can just relax and stuff my face with it like some sort of animal.
Would probably need more secrets or challenge rooms.
motionTwin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:19 AM »

Thanks you all guys!

Congrats on your success! Very sweet look you guys have. Is your homebrew FBX Cruncher GUI something you think you may share at some point?

-Cheers

Never say never... but there is no doc, it's the very definition of "not user friendly" and you need to figure out Haxe before ^^. It requires some work before we can do that, so maybe if we've some time... one day...

Thanks!

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:02 AM »

Yep congrats guys, well deserved success, the game is amazing! Too bad I'm living a bit far from you (but not so much, I'm in Toulouse), I would have loved to come say hi, I'm quite impressed by how your company is working since I red your interview on the last CanardPC.

gullinbursti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2017, 07:07:37 AM »

Have been eyeing the game for some time and was really happy to see it launch, even in early access on Steam. Congratulations! Will be grabbing it any time now, but I really can't wait to play till my fingers (or eyes, whatever gives first) bleed.

Empires in ruins
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 08:19:26 AM »

Guys your game is fucking a-we-so-me. For real, really really solid, I'm so happy I bought this. Congratulations.

alaNintendo
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »

Congrats on the success. Very polished looking game! Gentleman
motionTwin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:07 AM »

Thanks, guys! Hopefully, it will keep feeling more polished as we continue to sink hours in it :D.

the2bears
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »

I'm not familiar with Haxe, but is a Linux build possible? Would love to play this. Or has anyone had luck playing it through WINE?

the2bears  - the indie shmup blog
Badon_Gale
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2017, 02:27:02 PM »

Hi!

I'm starting out on game-dev / indie dev and animation.
When I first started learning animation (drawing all frames) I got really discouraged by the amount of work needed to do a proper animation.

I then thought that it would be cool to make the animation in 3D and then render it in 2D, but this is something that I never really looked up.

Then I played your game and the first thing I noticed is that the ratio, the animation, the way things move is very 3d-esque.
Looking on this forum, I was spot on :D

I believe that the tool you guys made could be a gamechanger for indie devs.

Cheers and good luck with the game!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:41:58 PM by Badon_Gale » Logged
motionTwin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2017, 02:16:46 AM »

Hi!

When I first started learning animation (drawing all frames) I got really discouraged by the amount of work needed to do a proper animation.

I then thought that it would be cool to make the animation in 3D and then render it in 2D, but this is something that I never really looked up.

Then I played your game and the first thing I noticed is that the ratio, the animation, the way things move is very 3d-esque.

Hey thanks. We're actually almost finished with a blog post on that. As soon as we post it on Gamasutra we'll come link it over here. Smiley

Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2018, 08:46:31 PM »

Hi!

Hey thanks. We're actually almost finished with a blog post on that. As soon as we post it on Gamasutra we'll come link it over here. Smiley

I actually wanted to ask about your animation tool as well. I've been making pixel art in Blender, but it renders incorrectly. Even if it is perfectly symmetrical in the editor, the sprites will come out messed up. You guys have achieved something special with your rendering software, since it doesn't seem to have any of these issues.

Is there any chance you'll be releasing/open-sourcing your rendering software? It'd be an invaluable tool to some of us :D

If you have no plans on releasing the rendering software, do you mind giving me a quick run-down on how the rendering process works? I'm just curious, and am willing to implement my own solution at this rate. Knowing how normals are generated would be sweet too.

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic