Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:25:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioGDC "Company" Profile Information
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GDC "Company" Profile Information  (Read 998 times)
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2017, 04:44:09 AM »

Finally registering for GDC, and not entirely sure what to chuck in the "company" box. Freelance, Indie, Independent, etc...? It needs something, but does it matter?

Thanks!  Grin

Pearl Pixel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:13:16 AM »

Uhhh put anything but student and you're golden - even if you're a student :D

(Pro-tip: People are very judgemental when it comes to the name-tags - if you put composer/sound designer on the tag and want to talk to other devs, turn your badge around during events and the conference so they have to actually get to know what you do instead of seeing your badge and turning away before saying a word. It happens. It's unfortunate, but can be dealt with. Also, people like that probably aren't worthy of your time anyway...)

This whacko of a person makes music. Perhaps it is of interest: https://soundcloud.com/pearl_pixel
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »

Thanks for reply!
Yeah, that's why I was a little hesitant, and wanted to see what others who were "sans company" write. Maybe I'll just use wingdings Tongue

#ComposerProblems Sorry if you're speaking from experience there. I can understand their misgivings, but yeah, screw those people - you keep kicking ass. Coffee

Abnelia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:48:23 PM »

Are you going to assist to some conference too ?

I'm so sad, I couldn't have a ticket... but I'm dying to see the final fantasy XV : interactiv music speech.
clark_a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »

Assisting? Like the Conference associates thing? Unfortunately not, am friends with a dev who did it/enjoyed it, but I ended up forgetting about applying for it.

Yes! So many good talks to look forward to!

Abnelia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:01 AM »

"assist"... it's not the good word. maybe a false friend. When you go to see a talk or concert or any event in french you say "assister" (being a witness).

But yeah... I hope I can go next year.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic