Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:13:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDaily Dose of Dungeon
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Daily Dose of Dungeon  (Read 636 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:21:39 PM »

Daily Dose of Dungeon

I was drinking, playing dark souls 3 and nethack...then wrote a bunch of code...kinda liked where it was going so ima keep working on it.  Nothing to really show for screenshots yet, just some test code for testing things like the generation and story engine individually and a test server.  My art is basicly colored squares and hex dump overlays so i can see what's going on anyways...sooo..until i have an artist it'll look like crap either way.

2D online solo/co-op action-rpg roguelike

Single dungeon is generated each day, complete with randomly generated backstory and randomly generated cutscene (oh trust me, I'm already having fun with this one with some test NES era art...), online players can leave notes and see graves of other players, common death areas are saved as bones files and randomly inserted into dungeons later in the year (along with the notes and graves originally left).  Player can choose their class, pet, and perks. Progress % into the dungeon before death is tallied at the end for the daily scoreboard + to increase their player level, unlocking more perks and advanced classes. (might  become a simple ranking system instead of walling off unlocks, subject to change on  testing).  all dungeons are saved and can be gone back to and replayed at any time.

Co-op maximum 4 players, using queue system to allow random matching.

custom game option to generate local random or seed based dungeon for practice.

planned extra modes later:
Deathmatch
Double Domination
capture Da Flag

Once it's a bit more functional if the idea doesn't turn out to be absolutely terrible I'll pay some of you kind folks for some art and music/sound as my artistic ability is trumped by most 2 year olds and while i can PLAY music on a few instruments I'm rubbish at writing it.

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic