Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:01:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How to create complex GIFs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to create complex GIFs  (Read 1375 times)
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:25:55 AM »

Hi all, I tried googling this but drew a blank.  Basically what I want to do is make some GIFs with a lot of moving parts that dont necessarily sync together.  For example I know how to do timeline animations in photoshops for separate animations, but I don't know how to make them exist in a single GIF without going through hundreds of frame by frame animations.

As an example, I'd like to have these two animations retain their timing, but exist in the same GIF.  Is that possible with the software out there?  Is that even possible with Photoshop without my knowing it?  Any help would be appreciated!

eerr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »

I once saw someone make multiple timings in Adobe After Effects.
Essentially you need a real animation making tool!

It should be noted that syncing two primes is gonna cost you, unless you use a good tool to fudge it.
keo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »

pretty sure you can use photoshop smart objects, which amounts to importing the gifs into a single file, you can then rearrange it on the canvas with the move tool.  I'm pretty sure that works with gifs ... if not, convert the gifs from frame by frame animations into video animations in the timeline panel and save as psd's.  Then import into your file.

Exporting photoshop to gif, is under the "save for web" option I believe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic