Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:29:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignDialogues UI prototype
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dialogues UI prototype  (Read 1219 times)
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:02 AM »

This is a sample look for the dialogues interface of the game we're working on:

We actually had to sweat a bit over it - at first glance it might seem to be a standard look for a visual novel. However, we wanted to produce something similar to traditional cinema, with the protagonist presnet in the shot and the camera changing its position. Also, to make things clearer we have drown several shields for the characters portraits which also show its class.

What do you think of this look? The icon is not unnessesary, is it?

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
PaulWv2.017
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:17:38 PM »

Looks very Banner Saga like in style. Placement of everything looks good, I like the character icon.

Not sold on the colors, moreso for the player selection; it seems a little dark. Don't know that it's bad, but I don't know that I'd call it good.

Electric Boogaloo: "This time it's serious."
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:58:12 PM »

Looks very Banner Saga like in style. Placement of everything looks good, I like the character icon.

Not sold on the colors, moreso for the player selection; it seems a little dark. Don't know that it's bad, but I don't know that I'd call it good.

You mean the area where you selecet the dialogue option? In a sense that we should make it more readable?

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
PaulWv2.017
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:31:20 AM »

Yawp. I don't know, maybe it's okay - I imagine it looks a lot better at fullscreen rather than tucked into a predominantly white forum page. Just not sold on it, that's all. Smiley

Electric Boogaloo: "This time it's serious."
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »

Thank you, we will definatly play around with fonts/colors to get the better result. Will post some alternatives later on  Smiley

Skylar1146
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 06:13:31 AM »

Looks very slick and top quality. I agree with @PaulWv2.017, the orange color of the dialouge is a little too dark.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic