Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:39:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFiendTower [Action Platformer Roguelike] (Gif Heavy)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: FiendTower [Action Platformer Roguelike] (Gif Heavy)  (Read 10772 times)
Micuhs
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »

This game looks fun asf! I can't wait for it to come out!
Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

This game looks fun asf! I can't wait for it to come out!

Appreciate it! Game is going at a great pace. Should have some fun new things in store, but for now, newly added fire effect + some gameplay.

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 09:36:08 AM »

New shop and item system with loot tables in place, making it really easy to add items and give them value and weight in shops. Each table will have it's own selection of items.

Added the first relic (items that grant passive effects) to the game, Burning Rage, grants double damage, but if you don't engage in enemies fast enough you'll catch fire and gain movespeed.

traisane
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2017, 10:27:41 AM »

I really like this Smiley The parallax looks awesome!
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 11:28:48 AM »

Glad you got the loot table thing figured out! And I really like the risk/reward idea for the first relic - it's doubly nice that you included a boost to movespeed when you're on fire, so you can get to the next enemy faster. Great idea!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »

Glad you got the loot table thing figured out! And I really like the risk/reward idea for the first relic - it's doubly nice that you included a boost to movespeed when you're on fire, so you can get to the next enemy faster. Great idea!

Thanks a lot! I'm hoping to make a lot of interesting items, we'll see how it goes!

Appreciate it guys.

Mixer
Level 1

I've never really known what to put here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 01:29:10 AM »

oh my this looks nice!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

My twitter is @5Mixer.
I'm currently making a dungeon game, check it out :D
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59139.0
Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »

oh my this looks nice!  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Thank you Smiley

Been a while since I've posted! Been working on a boss fight that I can hopefully show soon. Added some tile variation in the backgrounds, as well as a palette shader for colour swaps and level variance later on in the tower (there will be other graphical changes as well, but the palette will change as you progress through the levels).

This gif showcases some of that new stuff I mentioned, as well as some of the mobility available to you in Fiendtower! OH! And the new UI. Smiley

Anddd a new enemy as well!

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »

So today less focus on gifs and an update on the overall game!

I recently reworked the level selector to something I can work with better. I've "blocked out" the entire game so far, 5 zones, 8 levels each + a shop and a boss room. As you progress I palette swap the environment, but as I go on each zone will have a variation in theme, enemies, traps, props, and rewards. Right now it reuses levels and bosses but now I'm able to test things in an actual long form play sessions.

My short term goal is to finish and polish zone 1 as a proof of concept of the game / a zone. Mid term goal would be to create just enough content that  I don't have to reuse any rooms in one run. That would be 4x8 rooms assuming I keep the current system, and 4 additional bosses.

From that point on the game could technically be deemed "complete" and from that point it's all about adding additional rooms, room types, enemies, and random variation to all of it.

All in all for a project thats just over 3 months old I'm feeling very happy and confident!

Here I leave you with a gif of a attack/flash reset glitch I've discovered. Tempting to leave it in as hidden "tech" but that remains to be seen if it's too broken. Possible upgrade options though!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:21:44 AM by Grog » Logged

Canned Turkey
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 04:56:37 PM »

Looks really fun! I love how responsive the movement seems to be.
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 07:45:19 AM »

Here I leave you with a gif of a attack/flash reset glitch I've discovered. Tempting to leave it in as hidden "tech" but that remains to be seen if it's too broken. Possible upgrade options though!

If it's not too easy to pull off, stuff like this can feel very rewarding to a good player who've mastered the controls. Game looks really fun! Smiley   

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »

My short term goal is to finish and polish zone 1 as a proof of concept of the game / a zone. Mid term goal would be to create just enough content that  I don't have to reuse any rooms in one run. That would be 4x8 rooms assuming I keep the current system, and 4 additional bosses.

From that point on the game could technically be deemed "complete" and from that point it's all about adding additional rooms, room types, enemies, and random variation to all of it.

All in all for a project thats just over 3 months old I'm feeling very happy and confident!

Killer progress for ~3 months! Keep it up  Beer! Beer!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 05:39:33 AM »

Yeah the goal is for everything to feel smooth and responsive! Lot's of quality of life/hacky things holding the core gameplay together and making it feel good. :D

Worked on a death state, the old one was just a placeholder. Still somethings to work on but I'm happy overall with it.

And almost forgot... started working on another boss. Just a heads up, it is very obviously inspired by the eye boss in Rogue Legacy in terms of visual design (but then again, 2 circle sprites, is there another way to do an eye? :p) The fight is already entirely different (and still incomplete) but I think it's looking good!

And one last fun gif to demonstrate some more of the movement. Added a few QOL things for the wall cling.

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »

Been working on less exciting stuff, such as menus and saving / loading. Really happy now that that's in! The system for menus I made should make it really easy for me to add stuff to it. I'm actually surprisingly happy with it! Also testing out a CRT shader. Enjoy all of the above + some platforming :D

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 11:58:18 AM »

Did some graphical updates to the shop, quite happy with it so far! Been working on random misc stuff, bug fixes and polish, for a hopefully soon demo, we'll see!

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »

Created a proper death effect for the enemies, and have been cleaning up random half implemented things/bugs.

I think to be demo ready I need to:
1. Create the intro levels.
2. Add a boss intro / polish a few things around the boss setup
3. Fix and add a few items.
4. Do another sound pass, giving proper sound effects to everything.
5. Whatever bits of polish/bug fixing.

All in all not looking to bad!

wurthers
Level 0

wurthers original (not a candy)

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 05:30:28 AM »

This is looking very good Smiley Following!
Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »

This is looking very good Smiley Following!

Thank you! Smiley

So I've been doing some much needed overhauling of the projectile system in my game, will make it easier to mod and adjust projectiles and create some fun combos. Still adding features to it and making it just right but just some simple things I can do with it:

Fire bones

Bomb arrows

Anddd the player using enemy bombs.

Thing such as flaming or bomb projectiles will be used for random modifiers to increase difficulty in a run.

Hoping to be able to do a lot of cool things with this system and it will make it easier for me to add new enemies and player items.

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »

Ugh! Reworking systems is always a chore. My projectile system is nearly done, and I'll be very thankful. It's burned me out a little bit. Right now making it connect to my item system. Now the player is able to get modified items:

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 06:02:46 PM »

This has piqued my interest. Interested in seeing where else it goes. o:

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic