Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:27:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSaturated Dreamers
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Saturated Dreamers  (Read 95236 times)
Uykered
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »

Looks cool, I'd like to give it a try Smiley
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2012, 08:20:08 AM »

obviously interested  Durr...?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »

I'm affraid I won't be able to play that game if the higher difficulty is only "hard".
Sorry Shrug

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

maybe i should label it "icycalm difficulty" instead

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

Three lives.
One hit deaths.
No continues.
No saved games.
Final destination.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

Three lives.
One hit deaths.
No continues.
No saved games.
Final destination.

Better call it "Speed Run" difficulty.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

Icycalm difficulty setting would be so lol (pun intended). You would have to 1CC the game.
Anyway, I'm really interested to try the game out when playtesting is needed. Smiley

Eraser
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »

Ha, I've been following your livejournal for months. I'd love to playtest it when it's ready.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »

No
Call it

the Saturated Difficulty mode and make it Hidden (like star ocean games)

By the way , is there some videos we can check , instead photos only ?

i saw the marker of fraps , so that means you have some videos somewhere no ?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »

there's a couple of videos floating around for it, but they're older videos just intended for the people working on the game. there is no trailer yet. i intend to get a teaser trailer made when i can, the fraps were from when i was recording footage for (i have footage, i just haven't put it together), but finishing dream mode takes priority right now

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

I see

well good luck for finishing the game Nicely and on time.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »

i'm not sure what "on time" means considering i've been working on it since may of 2007 and it's had a lot of projected release dates over the years, haha

but 2012 is almost 100% definite (like, 99% definite)

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2012, 03:16:45 PM »

Yeah sorry for my english

Yes i was talking about deadline problems and such

One advice if i may say is never give a date when you produce a game or something

It's like a bad mojo or something and i truly experienced this.

Just give the date when you played the game in your house and was happy with the results.

You are never safe from a virus or something awful , i dont wish that to you of course .

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »

i'm not sure what "on time" means considering i've been working on it since may of 2007 and it's had a lot of projected release dates over the years, haha

but 2012 is almost 100% definite (like, 99% definite)

Well, at least try to make it to 2012, before the Apocalypse. If... you know... could happen... Shrug

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2012, 04:59:43 AM »

I just saw this vid!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rinkuhero/saturated-dreamers-igf-fee-and-misceallenous-deve-0?ref=history

Wow oh my god

The music sounds fabulous.

The bad point for me is the art (the characters and the sketchy things ? ) and maybe too long dialogues (that it doesnt seems skippable)
other than that it sounds really good.

I want your musician right now !!!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:24 AM »

what do you mean by "doesn't seem skippable"? how would something seem skippable based on a video? you can skip it by pressing esc or turning text off in the options. but if you just want to play a game to skip text then there are probably better games for that, since the setting is a big part of the game, and you'll miss most of the clues for how to progress and solve the puzzles if you don't read anything. if your problem is it being in english, what is your native language? perhaps there will be a translation to that language for you

and again, the only videos that exist for it are old, i think that link is from 2009 or 2008, so of course the unfinished sketches will be finished by the time the game is finished: it's called placeholder art

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »

what do you mean by "doesn't seem skippable"? how would something seem skippable based on a video? you can skip it by pressing esc or turning text off in the options. but if you just want to play a game to skip text then there are probably better games for that, since the setting is a big part of the game, and you'll miss most of the clues for how to progress and solve the puzzles if you don't read anything. if your problem is it being in english, what is your native language? perhaps there will be a translation to that language for you

and again, the only videos that exist for it are old, i think that link is from 2009 or 2008, so of course the unfinished sketches will be finished by the time the game is finished: it's called placeholder art

Oh ok i get it for the art
my bad i should have saw the year before talk.

For the Skip thing i see , i was saying that since there is a panel "press some key to skipp "  in some games and i didnt saw that.

For the texts i get it of course , i didnt wanted to be mean , i was just saying that because if you replay the game or if you have to re-play the scene again
But if you put a skipp button then it's all ok.

I second the idea of resolving puzzles with dialogues , i personnally love that kind of stuff.

My first langage is french.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2012, 06:13:21 AM »

hmm, maybe i should add that message, but, in most games where you can skip the story, there's no "press x to skip" anywhere. examples: the metal gear solid games, the resident evil games, the gears of war games, the halo games, etc. -- in all of those you can press the start button to skip a cutscene, but there's no message that says "press start to skip" in those games, it's just something that's considered standard

i'll see if i can get a french translation eventually. my previous game immortal defense had (undeployed publicly yet, but finished) a portuguese and hungarian translation, and has partially finished russian translation, and from that game i learned how better to prepare this game for translation (by keeping most / all text external rather than as string literals in the game code), so translating the game would just be a matter of replacing text files and the font rather than changing much of code

also, another note: the story of my games is written by a professional writer, so if you're expecting the level of story found in most games (which causes you to want to skip them) you might think differently for my games. i agree that most games make me want to skip the story, but we try very hard to make that not the case with our games, by using people who actually do writing for a living rather than people with no experience in writing

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: April 28, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »

Oh for the skipp message you do as you want but maybe a little message in only  the first scene to explain , i dont know.

But yeah no need to make a big deal about that.

French translation as you want
French market is kinda ok , if it doesnt cost you too much just do it
More langages the game gets and better it is.

Pro writers seems great ,i hope the game will get recognition for this.

Theophilus
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »

I think what by skip he means is skipping the scrolling until the end, like in a lot of games. You can press the continue button to make the text go faster or display all the way. If that's not what he meant, you could add that anyway, if it's not already in.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic