Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:06:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSaturated Dreamers
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
Print
Author Topic: Saturated Dreamers  (Read 95150 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: July 08, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

using fmod (someone named icuurd ported it to gm using something called gmfmodsimple). it used to be 100$ to license for indies but they raised the price since i licensed it back in like 2008 or something; it's free to use if your game is free however

i have heard from teegee that future versions of gm studio are getting pitch-shifting support natively, so if you don't want to pay for a license for fmod and are making a commercial game you can just wait till they add that. fmod has a lot of other useful things that gmstudio probably won't ever have though, such as the ability to pitch-shift, visualizing a sound wave (detecting the wave form), encrypting sound files so that only it can read them, and stuff like that

ink.inc
« Reply #461 on: July 08, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »

doesn't supersound.dll do pitch/frequency shifting as well?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: July 08, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

it does frequency but not pitch. they aren't the same thing

ave
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 08, 2013, 02:24:05 PM »

just increase font size in higher res

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: July 08, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »

so if i wanted to get a licence for my game in gamemaker and the games free, i can use the licensing software you use for free?

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: July 08, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »

for the fmod sound engine yes -- just google fmod and read the site for details

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: July 08, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

Nice !

Sorry if it have been already asked but the game have 3d effects ?
or everything is 2d ?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: July 08, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »

i use some 3d for a starfield (seen in the prologue), and for a water effect (a texture is drawn over a distorting 3d model to produce the illusion of moving water, but that's hard to see in the video since it's a subtle effect). i think that's all the 3d i use, GM tends to be bad at 3d (it's very slow in game maker) so i didn't want to use too much of it

for my next game after this however i'm going to use a lot more 3d since i'll be switching to unity

airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: July 08, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »

i use some 3d for a starfield (seen in the prologue), and for a water effect (a texture is drawn over a distorting 3d model to produce the illusion of moving water, but that's hard to see in the video since it's a subtle effect). i think that's all the 3d i use, GM tends to be bad at 3d (it's very slow in game maker) so i didn't want to use too much of it

for my next game after this however i'm going to use a lot more 3d since i'll be switching to unity

Ok

For critiques , i'd say the sound music at the end of the video is way too high (maybe it was already said)
The special effect white blue light on the font while the dialogue is a bit too much ?
we have to wait a lot before reading wich give the effect some "not serious , useless" stance

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »

i get a bit of motion sickness during the dialog. is there a way to turn the doubling effect  off? overall looks interesting, you really pushed game maker to the max. im not a fan of txt heavy scenes, but the dialog and story seems interesting enough to keep my attention.

_______
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »

people asked me to explain the game.

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

audio is real bad

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »

it sounds like the audio was filtered or something, or perhaps recorded through the microphone along with the voice rather than from the game directly

in any case that does give me an idea to make an actual video explaining the game, similar to a kickstarter video (but not for kickstarter)

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:47 AM »

sorry for necroposting, is this still being worked on? please tell me it is DX

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Orymus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #474 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:38 AM »

Just plain gorgeous. Love the 'feel' of this game, and the theme is very 'you'.
Neo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »

This looks awesome, following.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: October 03, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

it's still being worked on, yes

recently i added a 'sound test' thing, like in older games where you can cycle through all the game's sound effects and listen to each. a lot of older games for nes/snes did that but modern games seem to have lost that habit, so i added one in yesterday

right now i'm making some GUI changes to the menu / pause screen. i have a bad habit of making my games exit the game if you press escape twice, instead of requiring the player to manually click a 'quit game' or 'return to title screen' option the way it's commonly done, so i'm adding that now. previously you just pressed escape twice and the game was exited, which can be accidentally pressed so i want to avoid that

Conker534
« Reply #477 on: October 03, 2013, 01:14:41 PM »

right on, i dig the sound menu thing. more games should add that.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: October 09, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »

i wrote this in another thread when we were talking about elevator pitches. i figured i'd post it here too. it's just a quick attempt at describing the game to someone who knows nothing about it. let me know if anything is unclear, what i should cut out for space reasons, what i should add in or expand, what i should reword, or whatever

saturated dreamers is an open-world game involving the non-linear exploration of an alien sentient Lake and its ecology. the creatures of the Lake can become hostile, or friendly, depending on your understanding of them. you travel in a small ship and gain new upgradeable abilities, which can open new paths and help you solve new puzzles

the game shifts between two alternate realities, the world according to the scientist Mercedes, and the world according to the pilot Theo, each of which has unique mechanics and interacts with the other. you meet companions to join you, including a one-million year old alien who was captured by the Lake, a Lake creature which can turn into wind or rocks or a person, the animated corpse of a dead friend, and a mysterious woman created by the Lake to be a companion to Mercedes.

it's a big world to explore: saturated dreamers has over 1000 hand-made areas, a large soundtrack of over 4 hours of music, 60 different types of creatures, each of which can grant the player a new ability, a skill tree with 200 skills to collect, 23 different kinds of weather, and at least 30 hours of gameplay. remember that the world itself is a sentient Lake, and reacts to your actions, and can change itself to help or to hinder you: the Lake will gradually poison you to death with hallucinations and dreams, unless you can get the Lake itself to be your friend in time.

after i'm satisfied with it maybe i'll put it on the website and in the first post of this thread

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: October 09, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »

I'd cut out the 'numbers part', it doesn't say anything about the game, no one will buy a game solely because it has '1000 areas'

if you need to throw something out then I think this is the best part to do so

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic