Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:25:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosCatchy, Melodic Music with Diverse Instrumentation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Catchy, Melodic Music with Diverse Instrumentation  (Read 295 times)
StringLight Studios Music
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:31 PM »

Name: Robert Maule AKA StringLight Studios
Demo Reel: http://www.stringlightstudios.org/video-game-music/
Style: Indie, Quirky, Jazz, Classical, Pop, Rock, Orchestral, Folk

My name is Robert, and I'm a composer, producer, multi-instrumentalist and recording engineer living in LA. I have done loads of freelance music work of different kinds (including being commissioned to write original music for musicals), but I grew up listening to the soundtracks of my brother's SNES and N64 games and I've always dreamed of writing them myself.

Compared to most video game soundtracks today, I specialize in catchy melodies. The soundtracks of my youth compensated for their primitive synthesized instruments with memorable, complex melodies. So many modern games have ambient soundtracks that are pretty but forgettable. I build atmosphere, but also leave players stuck with a melody so catchy that they want to play the game again.

I have a home studio and I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, organ/synth, hand percussion, and loads of other instruments- so I can weave together digital instruments with live ones, to create an organic and lively atmosphere.

Another unique aspect I can provide games is that I'm a singer-songwriter and I've written dozens of indie pop/rock/blues songs. If you want you game to have a vocal theme song, a la Portal, to play in the intro or credits, I can provide that as well.

I'm looking forward to being involved in some great projects!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic