Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:57:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Interfacing with Pure Data or Max/MSP
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Interfacing with Pure Data or Max/MSP  (Read 1038 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:50:05 PM »

Hi!

I'm looking on collaborating with someone on a project, and I want to know if it is at all possible. Basically, my friend uses Max/MSP (effectively, PD) and we want to do stuff with input/output - to start, we would make a simple visualizer. I know there is a way to make a plug-in for PD that makes a new type of Object within the context of PD, but is this type of thing possible? If so, could anyone advise me on how it might be structured? Or better yet, point me to some tutorials or such about it?

Thanks in advance!

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:02:38 AM »

I'm currently working on a simple strategy game with procedural music sequenced by all the players in the game and dynamically mixed together based on player positions, all done in Max/MSP.

We are using OSC to interface with Max. I don't know exactly how it works on the Max end since we have a dedicated Max/MSP programmer, but I believe that the interface is already built in.

If i'm answering your question, I found a short tutorial on using OSC with PD:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/250a-fall-2004/lab3/tutorial/pd_and_osc_guide.html

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic