Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:23:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessSteam Game Promotion Companies that work?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Steam Game Promotion Companies that work?  (Read 1082 times)
FoxShins
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:53:58 PM »

I've got two online multiplayer games currently on Steam and because of market saturation, sales and players have both gone down.
Both of the games I've been told are fun to play and look great as well.

There are quite a few Steam game promoters I've had in mind however I'm still reluctant to do business as it costs quite a lot of money and I'm unable to find enough information from people who have used them whether or not they actually work in helping sales improve dramatically.

What Steam Game Promotion Companies/Websites have you used and how much did it affect sales on your game after you started using them?

I've worked on these games for years and would be nice if I could make a living off of them to be able to continue making more.
Mahn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »

I can't vouch for one that works, but there are these guys that you should probably stay away from: https://archive.is/nmynC
FoxShins
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »

Alright. Anyone else know of any that work?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »

There is no miracle process in attracting new players for a multiplayer game. All those Steam game promoters can do is making giveaways of your game (you give them money and you lose money you could earn by selling the game)

The problem with steam game promoters, as that most of them (i would say all of them imo) relies on the fact that they have +10k~100k followers, it takes not long to understand that they gathered those followers from giveaways they make from desperate developers who paid them for promotion.

You'll end up paying a company who have no understanding of the public of your game.
-Most of the advertising will go to people who don't care about your game genre.
-Most of the giveaways will go to people who want game for steamcards, or to boost their game count or people who will just want free game.

Unfortunately there is no game promoter that will succeed in making your game more successful.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »

I've got two online multiplayer games
Stop right there.

If you want to make a living out of games you have to stop making multiplayer only games, except you know you have something with viral mass appeal. Even many bigger studios struggle to keep their multiplayer alive. It is a downward spiral, people won't play the game if there is no one online. So it is usually dead by arrival. If you absolutely want to make multiplayer games, a safer bet is to make a single player game, and add a multiplayer to it.

I know the message can hurt, but sugarcoating it might be worse in the long run.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic