Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:25:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPost your Global Game Jam 2017 Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Post your Global Game Jam 2017 Game  (Read 5998 times)
Xonatron
Level 4

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »

rebel rabbit, that's a great game jam effort! Very well done!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
- devlogs: xona.com/tigsource
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 08:19:59 PM »

Late reply - but I ended up going into the GGJ solo for the first time to challenge myself - I wanted to see how many games I could make! Result was 4 games. They all support 2-8 players. It was fun presenting it, I hooked up 8 NES and SNES replica controllers and got a lot of audience participation.

http://globalgamejam.org/2017/games/ultimate-cat-drift-comet-bumpers-bananacontra

The four games are Bananacontra, Ultimate Cat Drift, Comet Bumpers, and 'untitled secret tactics game'.

The graphics are rushed and anything but polished, but I decided to focus on quantity over quality this year. Still, I reckon it can be a lot of fun if you have a lot of controllers and friends lying around..

So, the idea is such: imagine a water sufrace. When you drop a pebble into it, the waves start spreading from the centre. Now let's look at this process from the opposite side: where should you drop the pebble to create the waves of particular shape? Taking into account that the waves reflect from the walls of the basin, this can be a very interesting question.
Wow, that's a fantastic idea General!

Pal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »

Me and my brother went solo this year and we were also volunteers to organizing our jam site. We were asked to do a multiplayer game so we could giveaway some keys to the winners.

http://globalgamejam.org/2017/games/denpa-feel

It's a multiplayer physics based party game where you have to surf the blocks as they come and you can shoot other people to blow them away. It's a bit fun with four players.

Our goal was to make a "finished" game with as much polish as possible. It turned out quite good to our standards, though barebones as any GGJ game would be. I have no idea what I was thinking with the name and background aesthetic but I ended up liking the bizarre look of the game tbh.
Blosser
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 10:14:06 AM »

I'm also a little late to the party, but wanted to share my GGJ17 project. For the past couple years I've been going to the downtown Orlando GGJ site. There was a group of people that I collaborated with for 2015 & 2016, but none of them could make it this year so I went solo on a game.

Thus, Super Wave Fitter for the HTC Vive was born:

If you'd like to download and play (HTC Vive required) you can find the exe at the bottom of this page:
http://globalgamejam.org/2017/games/super-wave-fitter

The game is based off of the Japanese game show "Brain Wall" where contestants have to fit into silly shapes that move towards them. I thought the Vive would be a good medium to replicate that experience. There was only enough time to make about 8 shapes, and 0 time to come up with a good name, haha.

I've been working on it since the game jam (mostly under-the-hood coding so far), but hopefully will start up a devlog post when I have more compelling stuff to share.

Thanks for checking it out!

Game Developer | Contact
Calibanul
Level 0

Work Work Work Work Work

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 06:22:22 AM »

Awesome work and games guys!!
I can't show anything, this year I was a "mentor".

But so excited that GGJ is a thing now

GabeD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »

Microwave Fighter X: A Game About Fighting With Waves.

Jump and double jump to create massive waves of stuff and hit the other player to knock them out of the level.

https://gabed.itch.io/wavegame2017

With moist love, Gabe ❤
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic