Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:39:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] Digital Artist for Sci-fi Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Digital Artist for Sci-fi Game  (Read 574 times)
GPawley
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »

Update: I have found an artist for this work, thank you.

I am looking for a digital artist to paint up to 50 small scenes in a realistic style for a sci-fi indie game.  The setting is an early space colonization future that has gone wrong.  Earth is destroyed and the surviving colonies have reverted to a traditional feudal culture.  The game is a social/political simulation that generates an emergent narrative of human drama in which the player participates as the head of a multi-generational dynasty.

The scenes will be used in popups when an event happens in the game such as "An ambassador has arrived at your court".  The images will be 16:9 and displayed at 1/4 screen width on desktop.  For some scenes I have something specific in mind, while for others I would like to figure out together what will work best.  Apart from common sci-fi elements, more than half of these scenes will have characters in them, such as a group in conversation or two lovers in an embrace, so you will need to be comfortable drawing the human figure.  I am budgeting $100 per image and I am realistic about the level of detail that I can expect for that.  I would prefer to work on a fixed price basis for batches of work at a time.

Some elements of the setting (costume design and set decoration) still require definition, so I would also like some concept sketches to nail down the look first.

Ideally the work can be completed by end March to coincide with a public alpha, but I'm flexible here.  I would like to find an artist that I can keep working with to finish the game after that.  In future I will need additional painted scenes, some full screen art, and imagery for use in marketing and web presence.

If this sounds interesting, please contact me on [email protected] with a link to your portfolio and a clear marker of the quality of the work you will deliver for what price (linking to examples, including ones that show characters).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:41:19 AM by GPawley » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic