Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 04:57:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIolite - Random Survial Sci-Fi Dungeon Shooter (Quake Inspired)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Iolite - Random Survial Sci-Fi Dungeon Shooter (Quake Inspired)  (Read 1105 times)
Agre_Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »

Just beginning development on a game I had prototyped last year, it is a round based survival shooter along the lines of the Nazi Zombie game mode in Call of Duty, and heavy inspiration from the original Quake's single player.

You will play a certain amount of rounds in a dungeon chosen randomly from a list of many premade dungeons, and then continue to the next randomly chosen dungeon, so that the game is different each play-through. The goal of the game would be to survive as long as possible, and I aim to create a simple, fast paced, easy to digest experience.

Right now I am just working on asset creation and lighting, as I have already prototyped the gameplay and tested it pretty thoroughly. I am only just beginning but here a screenshot of the intended style.

This game features the following design choices:

- Ammo, but no reloading
- Fighting waves of enemies
- Changing between randomly selected arenas
- Enormous boss fights (Serious Sam style!)
- 5 guns received in random order
- Traps and lava pits
- Cool portals/teleporters (Like Quake 1)

Stay tuned for more to come as I continue my development!

Update:

I have added some little robot dudes to the game, they are the first enemy type and are already all programmed to follow and set to kill!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:30:54 AM by Agre_Games » Logged
cjgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 06:25:26 AM »

Just beginning development on a game I had prototyped last year, it is a round based survival shooter along the lines of the Nazi Zombie game mode in Call of Duty, and heavy inspiration from the original Quake's single player.

You will play a certain amount of rounds in a dungeon chosen randomly from a list of many premade dungeons, and then continue to the next randomly chosen dungeon, so that the game is different each play-through. The goal of the game would be to survive as long as possible, and I aim to create a simple, fast paced, easy to digest experience.

Right now I am just working on asset creation and lighting, as I have already prototyped the gameplay and tested it pretty thoroughly. I am only just beginning but here a screenshot of the intended style.

Stay tuned for more to come as I continue my development!

Seems cool, will we have multiple weapons? What are the enemies/gameplay?
Agre_Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

Added the first weapon, the shotgun!

Added firing animations and some effects, and got the hitscan working. Working on adding the enemies to shoot, they will be designed very soon and I will make a big post when I have more to show.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:52:17 PM by Agre_Games » Logged
EneLime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »

Have you considered implementing an progression system where you could upgrade your weapons in damage, range, utility, attack speed etc.?
Keep it up! Coffee
Agre_Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »

I actually did consider a vendor system to buy guns/upgrades for your character, but I am unsure if that will fit into my scope as of now, since I am the only developer. Here's hoping!
Agre_Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:31:09 AM »

Update:

I have added some little robot dudes to the game, they are the first enemy type and are already all programmed to follow and set to kill!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic