Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:43:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessBest Ads to buy?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best Ads to buy?  (Read 975 times)
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2017, 04:04:01 AM »

Hello guys,

Based on your own personal experiences, what ad platform provided the best return on your investment? Facebook? Google ads? Youtube?

Please let me know. I'd like to invest some money in advertising but I want to make sure it makes a difference.

Thanks!

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:45:33 AM »

Bumping this 'cause I really want to know  Shrug

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »

none. marketing is best done without ads. marketing is very very important but simply buying ads is not an efficient use of money when it comes to marketing indie games. the reason why is complicated but often comes down to the relatively low cost of indie games. if you're selling games for $60, ads can work, but for $5, they don't really work in terms of return on investment for each click

this is my marketing advice that doesn't involve any ads: http://rinkuhero.tumblr.com/post/157442122632/indie-game-marketing-advice

JustinCarroll
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »

The answers here depend largely on type of game + business model + platform. Your best bet is to research what your top 3 competitors are all doing with ads, and then schedule calls with those ad platforms to see what they can do for you. If your competitors aren't using ads, there's probably a reason for that.

Social advertising seems to typically be a losing game no matter what. I've even talked with Facebook games who no longer use Facebook Advertising simply because the cost of CPI is too high for them.

Overall I don't typically recommend spending money on paid advertising unless you're a F2P mobile game and you've got at least 15k that you're willing to lose. Or if you're a premium Steam game I would say start more in the 25k range.

Just to recap, research what competing games are doing and meet with those ad publishers.

I help indie game developers launch games and grow their business at Launch Your Indie Game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic